Network Engineer / Fredericksburg, VA
Job ID: 495774BR
Date posted: Aug. 12, 2019
Description:Network Engineer with experience in network engineering, network operations, network performance tools/analysis, project management, and systems integration. A successful candidate is experienced in network and computer problem solving for a complex suite of network hardware in an enterprise environment. Most work is to be performed on-site, including some off-shift hours, and weekends.
Advanced level of knowledge and experience supporting LAN/WAN infrastructures. Demonstrated through related professional level networking experience
- Expertise and experience with installing, configuring, and trouble-shooting TCP/IP-based networks
- Cisco-Systems IOS and CLI experience
- Candidate must be able to troubleshoot network connectivity and/or peer to peer application issues at all levels of the TCP/IP stack via packet capture and analysis
- Working knowledge of standard network services (DNS, DHCP, IP Address Mgmt., NTP, SNMP, etc.)
- Strong documentation and technical writing skills to maintain system(s) configurations and network diagrams
- Proven Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and teaming skills illustrated through related work experience
- Ability to travel as required
- Hands-on experience and knowledge concerning switching and routing with knowledge on topics such as TCP/IP, IP configuration, Multicast networking, peer-to-peer networking, IP addressing & subnets, building a routing table, and other network protocols, standards, and architecture
- Experience in information security infrastructure, including firewalls and VPN architecture
- Experience managing vendor relationships for break/fix, root cause analysis, escalations, and technology refresh
- Knowledge / expertise with all of the Cisco platforms for Routers, switches, UCS, and collaboration.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS0385 MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Information Technology
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX-Non-Standard 40 hour week