Job ID: 493589BR
Date posted: Aug. 12, 2019
Description:Will lead production activities and represented workforce to accomplish cost, schedule, and quality objectives in the X-59 aircraft Build/Flight Operations. Successful candidate will be charged with identifying and implementing changes to improve cost, schedule, and quality. Responsible for following the assigned Build/Flight Operation schedules and adjust manpower as needed to maintain cost and schedule. Will lead the team responsible for X-59 aircraft final assembly/flight operations, and specific system maintenance and operational checkouts to include but not limited to electrical and environmental control systems, hydraulics, fuel, power plant, structures, and primary and secondary flight control rigging. Ensure employee training and certifications are current. Candidate will be responsible to provide a safe work environment, and take immediate action to address any unsafe conditions. Implement and enforce importance of FOD, general housekeeping, and 6S Standards. Ensures represented employees comply with defined core and program specific processes and procedures. Will interface on a daily basis with government customers and internal and external support organizations to achieve program requirements. Must be pro-active, self-motivated, maintain a positive attitude, and be diplomatic. Foster a positive team environment with all personnel. Candidate must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be capable of continuously supervising multiple tasks across a variety of disciplines.
- Minimum 2 years aircraft manufacturing/structural experience.
- Experience with aircraft assembly and modifications.
- Basic knowledge of aircraft systems.
- Prior leadership experience.
- Experience managing manufacturing performance in quality, cost and schedule terms.
- Technical experience in resolving engineering, planning, tooling and assembly problems
- Firm working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Must have problem solving skills, written and verbal communication for interfacing with technical support team, build team and internal/external customers.
- A&P Licensed
- Demonstrator or prototype aircraft build experience.
- Experience supervising or leading in a Union Environment.
- Experience with manufacturing systems such as SFM (Shop Floor Management), EWI (Electronic Work Instructions) and the QADS (Quality Assurance Documentation System) or other industry related manufacturing operating systems.
- Aircraft functional test experience.
- Experience with aircraft flight line operations.
- Flight Test experience.
- Leadership experience and knowledge of crew plans and forecasting manpower requirements.
- Strong background working with and interpreting blueprints and technical manuals.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS0343 AERONAUTICS COMPANY
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Manufacturing
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day