Strategy and Business Development for ISR and UAS Programs
Job ID: 492482BR
Date posted: Aug. 12, 2019
Description:Provide strategy and business development support to Lockheed Martin Skunk Works Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) and Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) portfolio. Activities in the portfolio represent the full breadth of business development from the earliest shaping of significant emerging opportunities like multi-domain command and control through the keep sold revitalization of the U-2 program. Additionally, the portfolio is expanding into the international market to address the National Defense Strategy desire to strengthen our closest allies and partners.
The selected candidate will communicate to customers and decision makers at all levels focusing on operational capability, cost of ownership benefits and needs/requirements. This individual will execute customer events and visits to communicate LM Aero specific messages and build relationships. Additionally, the selected candidate will execute the broad range of business development activities including market development, opportunity qualification, customer relationship management, decision mapping, competitive intelligence, customer analysis, competitor assessment, message and strategy development, written responses to requests for information (RFIs) and proposals etc.
Bachelors degree required with 13-15 years experience.
• Demonstrated ability to craft presentations for senior management and customers.
• Demonstrated ability to work across organizational boundaries and jurisdictions and leading customer meetings and cross-discipline teams in development of customer solutions.
• Current Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain Top Secret Clearance with SAP/SAR/SCI (with CI POLY) accesses.
• Knowledge of the US military Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) process.
• Knowledge of the US military Joint Capabilities Integration and Development Systems (JCIDS).
• Knowledge of the US military defense acquisition process to include foreign military sales and direct commercial sales.
• Knowledge of US military organizational construct.
• Knowledge of US military operational doctrine.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to quickly grasp technology concepts and translate their value to customers.
• Ability to utilize political skills to cope with conflict.
• Ability to travel.
• Flexibility to quickly adapt to changing business environment and priorities.
Ideal candidates have either:
• Operational and command experience in US military ISR and/or UAS aircraft as well as headquarters staff experience or
• Significant international pursuit and capture experience
...or they are an emerging leader within the Lockheed Martin Skunk Works
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS0343 AERONAUTICS COMPANY
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Business Development
Clearance Level: TS/SCI
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day