Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented JIRA Administrator/Specialist to join our team in the Reston, VA area to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech. The JIRA Administrator/Specialist will support multiple federal agencies through the Continuous Diagnostics & Mitigation (CDM) Program. The CDM Program is a high-profile, high-visibility, cybersecurity modernization and risk management program where you can contribute innovative solutions and consult with many different federal agencies to enhance their Information Assurance (IA) programs and continuous monitoring capabilities.
The JIRA Administrator/Specialist is responsible for leading and managing all the capabilities of the Atlassian/JIRA system to setup, maintain and evolve an Agile work environment for the CDM Program. This role focuses on facilitating Service Design execution as well as supporting the project tracking/control efforts of Service Strategy, Service Transition, and Service Operations.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Configure JIRA for lean-Agile teams to include customizable workflows, team performance reports, integration with development and CI tools.
- Maintain proper balance between standardized views and processes that help the organization stay Agile-compliant.
- Manage all Agile work across the CDM Program with a focus on Service Design, balancing shared resources and coordinating all deliverables to ensure on-time delivery.
- Supervision of scheduling and implementation, managing project timelines, Scrum/Kanban boards and sprints, ensuring all projects are executed as planned.
- Lead/manage all capabilities of the JIRA system (including add-ons, plug-ins, screens, workflows, schemas, troubleshooting, fields, permissions and notifications)
- Manage and assign multiple requests from various stakeholders
- Implement cross-functional department workflows to maintain the highest level of quality
- Responsible for administration, maintenance, upgrades, enhancements to JIRA, Confluence and integrations with other tools and plugins
- Manage user permissions for tools according to the needs of projects and teams
- Perform application and system administration tasks, including data backups and scheduled jobs
- Test new versions of the tools and plug-ins to ensure compatibility
- Research and utilize industry standard methods and techniques
- Work with JIRA filters, reporting, dashboards, workflows, fields, and JIRA administration
- Communicate and share knowledge with internal and external contacts at all levels
- Manage multiple responsibilities with tight deadlines
- Construct custom dashboards using various filter types in JIRA
- Train staff on JIRA and navigating projects in the space
- Significant experience as a JIRA Administrator customizing JIRA projects with various schemes and managing complex workflows, screen schemes, permission schemes, and notification schemes
- Extensive experience in performing Atlassian (ex: JIRA software/Confluence) installations, configuration and migrations. Experience creating JIRA plugins, scripts and reports
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels where flexibility, collaboration and adaptability are key.
- Ability to execute in a fast-paced, high demand environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and consensus-building skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines achieve goals and deliver quality work product in a dynamic and complex enterprise environment
- Knowledge of business requirements capture and conversion to technical requirements
- Ability to analyze, review and document functionality to determine potential areas of improvement
- Commitment to continuous learning and knowledge acquisition as it relates to new technologies and techniques
- Self-starter with excellent problem solving and process implementation skills and a bias for action and innovation
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or work equivalent
- 7+ years of technology delivery in a fast-paced enterprise environment
- 5+ years of JIRA/Confluence experience
- Knowledge of SDLC and working with Agile teams
- Ability to write custom JQL
- Advanced Agile and Scrum Master skills/experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain DHS Suitability
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.