Raytheon IIS is seeking successful candidate to support full-cycle Quality Engineering functions in a large scale hardware, software and systems integration environment and perform as the quality assurance liaison to assigned programs. The Program Quality Engineer is a critical role within IIS Mission Assurance organization. The role will require extensive interaction, communication, decision making and planning between the program, customer, and suppliers in assuring unique program requirements are met. The QE shall have a comprehensive understanding of and prior work knowledge in managing all aspects of program quality to include requirements flow down, auditing, process improvement, metrics analysis, root cause and corrective action, and AS9100 Quality Management System Requirements.
Drive the analysis of Program metrics (cost, schedule, productivity, etc.), and help identify issues and interpret trendsProvide program and functional leadership progress and status reports for quality program performance activitiesDrive improvement efforts for key Program metricsDrive Root Cause analysis, Corrective and Preventative Action solutionsEnsure flow down of Raytheon and contract program requirements both internally and to suppliersEnsures program compliance with contract and organizational quality requirementsInterface with customers and suppliers to ensure compliance and resolution of any reported issuesReview practices, procedures and processes seeking avenues to improve efficiency and effectiveness and reduce risk to product quality.
- 6 years of prior relevant experience
- Must be a US Citizen with current/active Secret Clearance
- Assure software products meet quality requirements for schedule and cost. (Software in this case includes, but is not limited to, firmware, test software, simulations, simulators, emulators, software tools and support software.)
- Plan and implement key controls and processes to assure “built-in” quality. Develop QA Plans consistent with contract requirements.
- Provide program team with analyses of the performance of the program’s processes against performance requirements and quality of products against customer quality requirements.
- Assure records are complete, correct, controlled and archived.
- Chair or act as a key participant in corrective action boards (CAB).
- Collect and report predictive performance measures to indicate trends and issues.
- Engage as a member of the failure review boards (FRB) and Failure Reporting and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) investigation team.
- Engage in risk assessments.
- Participate in the design, development, integration and test phases of development.
- Participate in the peer review process.
- Perform independent process and product assessments, root cause analysis and corrective/preventive action.
- Support program, corporate and third-party audits and assessments.
- Verify correctness of test procedures and test configurations, and participate in qualification test, including post-test actions and requalification testing.
- Engage in transition to production activities including providing input to process and design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Review manufacturing and test readiness to ensure required actions are complete and correct before approval. Witness/audit of acceptance and qualification testing
- Work with Software Engineering to assure tools/methodologies such as memory management tools, static analysis tool, agile and Development Operations (DevOps) are used/ implemented per the prescribed processes and all issues/results are dispositioned to the satisfaction of the program.
Desired Skills:•Significant experience in a large scale hardware/software development environment using evolutionary approach.•Knowledge of AS9100/ISO 9001 and the SEI Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI).•Ability to estimate level of effort and provide inputs to proposals for Quality labor bids.•Experience with product and process compliance and tailoring•Hardware and/or software test monitoring experience •Experience in execution and/or participation in Supplier Assessments •Experience as an auditor•ASQ Certification•EVMS Certification•SAFE Certification
- Work with Software Engineering to assure static analysis is performed on a regular basis and all static analysis results are dispositioned to the satisfaction of the program.
- Travel as required
Required Education (including Major):•Requires a degree in STEMThis position requires either a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.