This is a temporary position for an undetermined length
This position requires a current DoD Secret Clearance
RaytheonIntelligence,InformationandServices(IIS)is seeking Network Control Center (NCC) Customer Support Group (CSG) Help Desk Technicians to join our team in support of theU.S.AirForceNorth AmericanAerospaceDefenseCommand(NORAD)CheyenneMountainComplexIntegratedTacticalWarning/AttackAssessment(NCMC-ITW/AA)SustainedSupportContract(NISSC).
NISSC provides accurate, timely, and unambiguous warning and attack assessment of Air, Missile, and Space threats with daily visibility of National Command Authority leaders including the President of the United States. NCMC-ITW/AA is composed of Air, Missile, and Space Warning Missions located at Cheyenne Mountain AFS, Peterson AFB, Offutt AFB, Vandenberg AFB, and forward user and sensor sites worldwide.
NISSC work centers and employees serve and follow the direction, guidance, and priorities provided by the 21st Communications Squadron (21CS). All NISSC Technicians working in CMAFS are considered Mission Essential and must be prepared for and be able to report to work and remain on site for extended periods of time during real world emergencies, exercises, and if necessary, bad weather. During such periods employees may be unable to maintain contact with anyone outside the site, including family and friends. Employees must sign a letter of commitment acknowledging and agreeing to this requirement.
Individual tasks and responsibilities of this position include:
Other tasks and responsibilities of this position may include:
- Facilitating the excellent relationship between Government active duty/civilian customers and our contractor team.
- Answering user network resource application questions and resolving associated problems.
- Providing resolution to general classified and unclassified network and Personal Computer (PC) problems.
- Providing “first look” network administration as required.
- Using Remedy and similar management tools to complete and assign trouble tickets for network, PC, laptop, KVM, printer, and other Information Technology issues.
- Initiating responses, tracking, updating, reviewing, and concluding actions in Remedy.
- Elevating troubleshooting actions and results to other 21CS work centers or other technical support organizations when appropriate for further resolution.
- Coordinating and participating in installation and renovation projects.
- Reporting job status to Customer Service Group leaders.
- Verifying trouble ticket closure status with customers.
- Supporting the customer's annual exercises, planned monthly relocations, and unplanned real-world events.
- Must be willing to work flexible shifts and days as required.
- Serving as a coordination point between the 21CS, the Network Control Center, and other work centers and teammates on assigned actions and projects.
- Updating system check checklists, operational checklists, and related documentation.
- Performing other duties as required to support the 21CS mission.
- Performing hardware and software technical refresh efforts.
- Preparing status reports and trouble ticket metrics.
- Must have a current Security+ certification with Continuing Education in accordance with DoD 8570 IAT II requirements.
- Must have or be able to quickly obtain a current Windows Operating System (OS) certificate.
- Must have a proven track record of above average Information Technology customer service skills, troubleshooting skills, and client resolution skills in a Windows PC environment.
- Must have experience creating, responding to, and updating Remedy trouble tickets.
- Must demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair network and PC resources, including peripherals such as KVMs, card readers, monitors, blades, and printers.
- Must demonstrate the ability to perform PC, laptop, and printer maintenance tasks.
- Must be capable of supporting the CMAFS 24x7x365 environment independently as he/she may often work alone.
- Experience with USAF networks, PCs, and associated hardware and software is a significant plus.
- Experience with NORAD-NORTHCOM networks, PCs, and associated hardware and software is a plus.
This position requires either a U.S. person or a non-U.S. person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Requires a High School Diploma and an Associate’s degree with 5 years of directly related Help Desk technical experience, or 2 years of additional experience without an Associate’s Degree.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.