Raytheon Missile Systems is seeking a QA Inspector - Technical Support Specialist Sr
Are you skillful in gathering data, inspecting critical details, and analytical in process?
Do you possess strong communication and coordination skills enabling you to connect with people at all levels?
Do you have a passion for using tools and techniques?
If your answers are yes, Raytheon Missile Systems (RMS) may have an excellent career opportunity for you in our Huntsville facility!
We are searching for an experienced QA Inspector to join our team. Raytheon is the world's largest developer, producer and integrator of weapon systems. Military forces in more than 50 countries look to us for a high-quality product portfolio that includes missiles, smart munitions, projectiles, kinetic kill vehicles and directed energy weapons. RMS is helping to shape the future of innovative weapon system solutions in response to our customer’s most urgent needs and we are looking for you!
The QA Inspector will work in accordance to planning sheets, blueprints, quality control specifications, oral and written instruction, and contractual requirements. Inspects for final acceptance, inspects hardware to determine that rework, modification, and repairs conform to contractual/drawing requirements. Inspects and accepts hardware referencing quality control standards, workmanship, and drawing specifications; by checking such items as parts, wires, solder joints, and terminals, using appropriate inspection devices. Inspects and rejects for tests or rework or otherwise approves hardware as acceptable.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Performs receiving inspection activities.
- Prepares reports and maintains records as required. Meets necessary certifications as required.
- Performs incidental related duties as assigned or required. Person must have a proven track record performing quality assurance inspections with minimal oversight.
- Must be able to perform configuration verification of all levels of assemblies/hardware.
- Must know how to verify that all operations have been completely performed and accepted, including but not limited to acceptance testing.
- Must be able to verify all entries in Factory Operating System have been completed and closed correctly at all configuration levels.
- Responsivity to recognize and enforce compliance of Raytheon Policies and Procedures.
- High Touch, In-person Inspection responsibilities, critical for quality assurance inspection
- Minimum Eight Years’ experience as an Inspector, QA Inspector, or manufacturing technician.
- Solid understanding of Quality and Engineering Principles, must be capable of communicating quality and engineering criteria/issues to all levels of factory personnel.
- Must be experienced performing inspections, using assembly instructions, and reading engineering drawings. Demonstrated understanding of engineering drawings (reading and interpreting).
- Must have customer selloff experience; foster excellent working relationships with internal/external stakeholders (ex. DCMA).
- Experience using calibrated inspection measurement tools such as: micrometers, calipers, microscope, ruler, etc.
- Must be proficient in the understanding of torque and assembly methods/processes.
- Must have experience with electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Current Secret Clearance Required
- Ability to inspect to Solder IPC J-STD, MIL-SPECS, F-STDS, etc.
- Must have experience with assembly requirements as defined in J-STD-001.
- Demonstrated Proficiency Working in a Team Setting across projects
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Able to support or conduct a First Article Inspection (FAI) per AS9102
- Ability to work with a high degree of confidence and efficiency.
- Display a strong personal commitment to successfully complete all assignments
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative (self-starter).
- Must be proficient in the use of all configuration tools such as cPDM and CABS
- Solder certified (inspection).
- Experience processing field returns (Hardware Mission Support).
- Experience with AS9100 standards.
- High School Diploma
- Minimum (8) years of quality assurance inspection experience, or equivalent.
- Associates Degree - Technical degree or equivalent education and experience in a directly related field (Technical Coursework/Associates Degree/ASQ Inspection Certification)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.