Performs a wide variety of tasks in support of a manufacturing/production environment. Duties include assembly, disassembly, re-assembly, fabrication, repair and/or inspection of electronic, electrical, and mechanical systems, chassis and antennas. May set up and operate a variety of machine tools and hand tools. May coat surface of parts, assemblies and finished products with protective or decorative materials. May route, dispatch and expedite flow of material. Checks for work correctness. May assist in directing work, assigning and outlining tasks.
Specific duties will include material preparation, soldering, and the assembly and rework of electronic and mechanical assemblies. Perform wire/cable preparation, installation, crimping, and torqueing using hand tools. All work is per written work instructions to prescribed standards.
- 6 years of previous work experience.
- Job duties require excellent hand / finger dexterity and extreme attention to detail.
- The successful candidate will have a demonstrated history of being able to adhere to detailed work instructions and quality standards.
- The candidate must have basic computer and math skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, manage more than one job at a time and be flexible with the work as needed.
- Ability to work with production resources and teammates to meet production goals and delight customers with quality products.
- Able to perform repetitive tasks in accordance with an established, proven process and to perform in-process inspection in accordance with company standards and customer specifications.
- Effective time management skills are a must.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
- Related experience working in a manufacturing, assembly, aviation or naval environment with hands on technical experience in installation, inspection, testing, and maintenance of navigation and/or radar system assemblies.
- Interim or active Secret Clearance is preferred.
- Should be able to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Solder experience to Military and/or ANSI/J standards.
- Knowledge of 6 Sigma/ Kaizen
- Strong safety focus
- Positive attitude and teaming skills needed.
- Experience working in an electronics assembly factory or similar environment.
- Familiarity with industry or military specifications advantageous.
- Demonstrated drive for continuous improvement.
- A successful candidate would be able to accomplish daily work tasks with a minimum of supervision.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.