System Test Director
Colorado Springs, CO
The C2BMC National Team Integration & Test Functional Area has an immediate need for a System Test Director (Element Mission Director) to assist with the organization and participation in Flight and Ground Tests. I&T is looking to augment its staff with a highly motivated and skilled individual that can help in the execution of successful Flight and Ground Tests. The System Test Director will work as a member of the Integration & Test Functional Area to develop innovative solutions in support of various I&T projects and experiments. In addition you will act as a technical interface to MDA working level counterparts on an as-required basis.
- Identifying required resources, developing and understanding mission objectives for the system(s) under test, developing data archival and analysis plans, and developing post mission reports.
- configuration management and control of test resources, articles, and tools for data collection during the event
- Serve as the I&T liaison to other C2BMC test participants and MDA/BCT test managers
- Coordinate with the project leads of various experiments to ensure seamless event execution across the entire I&T mission
- Develop and maintain the I&T test architecture which includes all articles under test
- Develop any supplemental procedures required to ensure successful execution.
- Understand systems engineering, systems design and development
- 8 years’ experience in a related engineering environment, with good experience and expertise in systems-of-systems definition and integration
- Experience in Ballistic Missile defense systems is highly desired
- Ability to analyze high level needs and through a structured and logical approach refine the need into an integrated set of requirements that leads to a fielded product
- Ability to lead portions of the activity and direct the activities of fellow engineers
- Experience with planning and managing flight, ground test, and Warfighter events
- understand and have had previous experience with various event board approval structures, including MDIOC and BMDSS support processes, the MDA/BC approval chain and National Team engineering boards (PERB, CEAT)
- Must possess an active Secret Clearance
Minimum of Security+ requiredDesirable Skills:
- Experience with approval boards from other organizations sponsoring such tests (e.g. JIAMDO, AFSPC, JFCC-IMD, etc)
- Experience interacting with JAT, MDDC, and other related organizations
- Experience with the operation of C2BMC, knowledge of the system configuration, experience with the system operation, how to navigate display screens, and the concept of system operations
- An understanding of systems engineering processes and logistics principles, including artifact generation (e.g. specifications, Interface Control Documents, System Architecture Descriptions, Use Cases, Trade Studies, etc)
- Experience with network applications and networking concepts is desired along with experience with military systems used in missile defense such as AN/TPY2, SBIRS/BOA, Aegis, THAAD, Patriot, and SBX, including their operational characteristics
- Experience working in an integrated team environment with other systems, software, and specialty engineers to develop solutions using NT or similar processes and methods
- Demonstrable ability to develop briefings and convey complex ideas in writing, be comfortable working in a team environment, be a quick study, hard worker, and interested and capable of adapting to changing technology
- Strong verbal/written communications skills enabling him/her to work effectively in a small technical team environment, and to accurately represent test perspectives to C2BMC system architects, software designers, other testers and test support personnel, the Government customer, and personnel in other MDA programs
- Ability to work with the customer to understand the needs of the project and find ways to satisfy those needs within the resource constraints.
Technical Bachelor’s Degree (Mathematics, Science, Engineering, or Computer Science), or equivalent experience/combined education, with 8 years of professional experience. Certification Required: IAT II, Security+
Some travel to test locations, and some non-standard work hours are likely.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.