Raytheon Company Space and Airborne Systems business unit is seeking a highly motivated, Electrical Engineer with Digital Design experience to develop Radar/Comm and Electro-Optical control and processing electronics for defense applications. The position is located in Aurora Colorado.
The Space Systems RF & Communications Electronics Department is seeking a Senior Principal Electrical Engineer / Responsible Engineering Authority (REA) to develop the next-generation of electronics for space applications. The REA is responsible for establishing the technical baseline for their specific domain(s) of expertise (Digital Electronics, Analog/Power Electronics, EO/IR Sensor Processing, FPGAs) and sets performance standards. The successful candidate is responsible for deriving unit level requirements from system level specifications, developing associated architectures, implementing unit design, performs worst case circuit analysis (WCCA), simulation, and testing of the FPGA / module in a laboratory setting. The candidate needs to be familiar with the latest technology trends in the area of microprocessor, memory, FPGA and interface protocols. The candidate must also be experienced in all aspects of digital design from concept through delivery, including integration and checkout support at higher level assemblies as evidenced by multiple successful design completions (including hardware designs with processors, FPGAs, memory, and industry interfaces, such as Serial Rapid IO, Spacewire, PCIe, Ethernet, I2C, UART). The position will function in a multi-disciplined team environment, including Systems, Mechanical and Software Engineers, across multiple projects to ensure key program objectives are achieved. The successful candidate is expected to apply rigorous and systematic design processes while adhering to design checklists to ensure total design compliance and utilizing WCCA to quantitatively predict the unit's functional performance. At Raytheon SAS, electronic design is synonymous with WCCA, which allows for improved performance predictions, better risk assessments, and more accurate margins on key performance metrics. This position may require occasional business related travel.
Duties include requirements derivation, design and analysis of digital circuits, technical leadership and oversight of integrated design products, execution of Raytheon product development processes and technical risk assessments, deployment and improvement of design processes, technology planning and roadmap alignment, and mentoring junior engineers.
• Minimum of 10 years of related technical experience with a Bachelor's Degree, or 8 years of experience with a Master's Degree
• Experience with Mentor Graphics Design Tool Set to create schematics (that contain microprocessors, FPGAs, high-speed transceivers, DDR and flash memories), block diagrams, parts lists and design review packages for complex electronics
• Generate Printed Wiring Board (PWB) layout constraint guidelines, oversee the layout and fabrication of the design
• Experience developing design requirements and specifications for microprocessor based circuit card assemblies
• Experience with interfaces and bus standards such as: Serial Rapid IO, Spacewire, VME, PCI, PCIe, VPX, and Gb Ethernet
• Possess skills to handle fast pace and dynamic product development environment
• Hands on experience in design, analysis, development, bread-boarding, troubleshooting and testing of digital circuits
• Able to decompose higher level requirements, and flow down requirements to lower level modules or components
• Must be able to develop new requirements for component suppliers and generate supplier specification drawings
• Must be able to perform supplier management for development of new components and assemblies
• U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. DOD Secret Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
• U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
• Experience using Mentor Graphics Design Creation tools: DxDesigner, xDX Designer VX, and Constraint Editor System (CES)
• Experience using Mentor Graphics PCB electronic circuit design software: HyperLynx signal integrity, power integrity, and analog simulation, Xpedition Enterprise (xPCB)
• Team and project leadership skills
• Prior experience in Defense or Aerospace developing Space Electronics
• Knowledgeable in cost/schedule development and management
• Active SSBI
Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, or related technical discipline
Advanced Degree in Electrical Engineering or related fields or technology a plus
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 145290
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.