Raytheon Company Space and Airborne Systems business unit is seeking a highly motivated, Electrical Engineer with RF Circuit design experience to develop Radar/Comm and Electro-Optical control and processing electronics for defense applications. The position is located in Aurora Colorado.
The Space Systems RF & Communications Electronics Department is seeking a Senior Principal Electrical Engineer / Responsible Engineering Authority (REA) to develop the next-generation of electronics for space applications. The successful candidate must be experienced in design, analysis, and simulation for the development and testing of RF circuits and CCAs for Receiver/Exciter sub-systems. Design experience should include low band and high frequency circuits ranging from baseband to KU band. The candidate also needs to have WCCA experience, which includes the application of rigorous and systematic analysis practices and processes, while adhering to design and analysis checklists to ensure total design compliance, and utilizing WCCA results to quantitatively predict the circuit's functional performance. At Raytheon SAS, circuit design is synonymous with WCCA, which allows for improved performance predictions, better risk assessments, and more accurate margins on key performance metrics. The candidate will be expected to work from requirements to the finished product, assuring the robust design of circuits and assemblies, providing cost effective solutions for customer needs.
This position will interface with Integrated Product Team Leads (IPTL) and other engineering disciplines to ensure program objectives are achieved.
Duties include design and analysis of RF circuits and CCAs, technical leadership and oversight of integrated design products, execution of Raytheon product development processes and technical risk assessments, deployment and improvement of design processes, technology planning and roadmap alignment, and mentoring junior engineers.
• Minimum of 10 years of related technical experience with a Bachelor's Degree, or 8 years of experience with a Master's Degree
• Hands on experience in design, analysis, development, bread-boarding, troubleshooting and testing of RF circuits
• Knowledge and experience working with and troubleshooting complex RF systems, modules, CCAs, and components
• Able to decompose higher level requirements, and flow down requirements to lower level modules or components
• Must be able to develop new requirements for component suppliers and generate supplier specification drawings
• Must be able to perform supplier management for development of new components and assemblies
• U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. DOD Secret Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
• U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
• Experience in software tools such as Keysight ADS and Genesys, Mentor Expedition, and Ansys HFSS
• Existing DoD clearance
• Existing SSBI
• Prior experience in Defense or Aerospace developing Space Electronics
Bachelors of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, or related technical discipline
Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 145285BR 145285
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.