Raytheon’s Electrical Design Directorate (EDD) provides engineering design, integration and production to core radar, sonar, torpedo and combat system competencies including process and control, integration and test, power systems, torpedo and sonar electronics, receivers and exciters, antennas and microwave subassemblies. The Antenna and Microwave Department within EDD has responsibility for electrical design including the following areas:
Antenna Design - Radiating Elements, Reflectors, Feedhorns, Radomes/Frequency Selective Surfaces, Simulation and Layout, Antenna Test
Antenna Systems - Antenna System Analysis, Array Analysis, Electromagnetic Analysis, Array Calibration and BITE, Signal Level, Assembly, Integration and Test
Antenna/Microwave Subsystems - Phased Array Subsystems, Antenna Subsystems, Signal Level Analysis, Subsystem Integration and Test
RF/Microwave Design - Simulation and Layout, Passive Circuits, Component Test, Material Characterization, Module Design and Test
Raytheon’s Antenna and Microwave Department (AMD) is currently seeking a Team Lead/Control Account Manager to join our team. The candidate will work with the Program Engineering Lead, program management, and individual contributors to ensure execution of technical tasks, providing end to end analysis and reporting of program cost and schedule.
The position will be based in Tewksbury, MA. This position can be job grade G08 or G09 depending on the candidate’s qualifications and experience.U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.Required Skills:
- Acts as an alternate for the engineering lead, filling in as needed to provide leadership and direction; participates in program task management
- Direct and frequent engagement with government personal to obtain funding and drive growth for engineering services, reporting on all services both internally and externally via formal CDRL deliveries to the customer
- Prepares detailed scope of work, schedules for the work, and cost estimates for all contract work
- Obtains execution status from individual contributors (engineers) across multiple functions, analyzes against cost and schedule expectations, and provides weekly performance status to the Program Engineering Lead
- Implements processes, metrics, and tools to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed upon parameters and government cost control guidelines; ensures adequate funding availability by estimating level of engineering effort and maintaining accurate records of expenditures
- Incorporates contractual changes into control systems by staying aware of outstanding work against each contract in order to maintain realistic contract cost and schedule baselines
- Works closely with program leadership to ensure financial reporting meets the needs of the program
- Analyzes and develops programmatic financial reporting requirements including performance measurement, Variance Analysis, Estimates To Complete (ETC), Estimates At Completion (EAC), weekly and monthly monitoring of actual costs incurred against budgeted projects, preparation of Management Review Packages, and involvement with special projects and initiates process improvement activities
- Interfaces with external customers and provides Integrated Baseline Review, Joint Surveillance Review, and EVMS support as required
- Support Program Engineer in the collection, documentation and submittal to the organization of historical program data
- 4+ years of experience related to this job description.
- Experience in budget management
- Experience working with and directing technical teams
- Experience with manpower planning and staffing forecasts
- Experience with proposal activities and bidding process
- Experience with EVMS, IMS & IMP or equivalent tools for managing programs
- Highly capable with Microsoft Project, SAP, BW, or other scheduling/cost EVM tools
- Business related experience working with government or DoD contracts/programs
- Team player who has the ability to work cross functionally and with all levels of the organization
- Ability and commitment to meeting deadlines
- Works independently with minimal supervision
- Expert in Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
- Experience in execution of a disciplined engineering processes, scope management, risk and opportunity management
- Experience in proposal development, particularly Engineering Change Proposal (ECP) and BOE development, and other contract deliverable artifacts such as Statement of Work (SOW)
- Experience in IMS Network Analysis and Critical Path Management (CPM) Methodologies
- Experience in Control Accounting Management (CAM) for managing finances and budget on programs
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to obtain an Active Secret clearance
- BS in Electrical Engineering or in a STEM major. BA in Business or a related major. 8+ years of applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a BA/BS (The required years of experience for this job level will be added to the 8+ years in lieu of a BA/BS to be considered for this position)
What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.