Painter Spray Productn Spec
Job ID: 493620BR
Date posted: Aug. 13, 2019
Applies basic technical skills and knowledge in original equipment manufacturing of paint preparation. Performs initial surface preparation and other detailed work operations required to be completed in this area of specialization
• Sanding as required to remove old paint and other surface materials that may interfere with paint application.
• Fill surface imperfections with specified material and sand as appropriate to promote smooth finish.
• Perform minor assembly of parts, components and subsystems using products and processes which are varied but generally not complex in scope to apply primer, topcoat paint, and any spray-applied coatings to aircraft parts consistent with government, customer and company standards.
• Mask and tape components as necessary to prevent paint overspray and allow for multiple color application.
• Read and interpret specifications and documents to define the scope of work on work orders.
• The individual is required to be a supportive member of Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) and Quality System policies to provide a safe work place and eliminate conditions and behaviors which may cause work related illnesses and/or injuries while delivering quality product and services on time.
Candidate must successfully complete FAA drug screening test and have no violations of FAA agency regulations documented in the records of drug and alcohol testing carried out by previous employers during the previous two years. This position is a safety sensitive position covered under FAA, subject to ongoing random drug and alcohol screening program. This includes being tested for Marijuana, Cocaine, PCP, Opiates & Amphetamines or a metabolite of these drugs.
• Must meet the physical requirements and be certified to wear respirator.
• Must be able to lift 25lbs on a regular basis using proper lifting techniques
• Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office Suit (Word, Excel) preferred.
• Must be willing to work any shift
• 1 year of direct experience
• work on applied coatings to aircraft parts consistent with government, customer and company standards
• Work shift 5:30-3:00pm
• Must be able to bend, stoop, stand and/or sit for extended periods
• Must be able to works with minimal supervision.
• Must have good communication skills both verbally and written.
• Knowledge and experience with lean and continuous improvement philosophies and methodologies preferred.
• Must be a team player and have skills required to establish and sustain a lean culture.
This list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and the employee may be required to perform duties outside of this as operationally required.
• High School diploma or GED equivalent or Must have 3+ years of experience paint preparation process
Limited supervision. No instructions are needed on routine work, and only general instructions are given on new lines of work or special assignments.
Paint Tech B-work on applied coatings to aircraft parts consistent with government, customer and company standards
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Manufacturing
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid)