Welder A / Grand Prairie, TX
Job ID: 481711BR
Date posted: Aug. 13, 2019
City: Grand Prairie
Program: MFC PPC
- Perform a variety of duties to weld any parts or assemblies of ferrous and non-ferrous metals and their alloys by any required weld process, including acetylene and oxygen, inert-arc, arc, etc.
- Braze and solder as required.
- Do simple layouts and weld detail parts and small assemblies such as brackets, gussets, and tubing assemblies, and occasionally heavy assembly fixtures or jigs.
- Select tips or electrodes and welding wire for various gauges and sizes of metals to be welded IAW WPS’s or other pertinent documents.
- File and fit parts and make simple setups before welding as required.
- Operate robotic weld machines with oversight of higher labor grade welder.
- Must maintain weld certifications as required specific to current assignment.
- Assist higher labor grade welders as necessary. Keep machines and immediate work area clean and orderly. Refer any problems to “A” welder, Lead or Foreman.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints.
- Must have weld certifications and have the ability to maintain certifications.
- Must be able to handle moderate physical activity.
- Must have at least one year welding experience.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Business Unit: ESS0385 MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Manufacturing
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 4X10A- 4 10 hr days Mon-Thurs; Fr/Sa/Su off