This is a part time temporary position
Raytheon is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 89 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as a broad range of mission support services.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems, McKinney, TX is seeking an Ergonomics intern with environmental, health and safety knowledge. Candidate should have basic knowledge of human factors and ergonomics.Additional on-site training will be provided.
The selected candidate will have an opportunity to be a part of a large Environmental, Health & Safety organization at a site with over 3,500 employees. Raytheon McKinney is currently one of the largest OSHA VPP certified sites in Texas. The position is 16-20 hours a week with a duration of 12-months.Work schedule is flexible to accommodate part-time students.Alternative work schedule may be available.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the completion of ergonomic evaluations in manufacturing labs and office workstations. Candidate will report to the safety manager and will help support ergonomic initiatives and campaigns.Candidate should have strong communications skills with the ability to interact with factory line employees as well as upper management.
EHS related duties may include and is not limited to:
- Interpretation of OSHA, NIOSH, ANSI standards and regulations
- Supports Safety Manager and site Ergonomist for McKinney ergonomic initiatives as well as business-wide and corporate-wide ergonomic initiatives
- Industrial and Computer Workstation ergonomic evaluations. Includes report writing, furniture/equipment ordering, follow-ups, developing and implementing corrective actions
- Works with manufacturing and process engineers to design-in ergonomic principles
- Investigates first aid and OSHA injuries to determine root cause and develop corrective actions and track to completion
- Supports Human Resources and on-site Medical Staff on the Return-To-Work program
- Data analysis of leading and lagging performance indicators
- Interfaces with equipment/furniture manufacturers and vendors
- Supports Industrial Hygiene, Environmental, and Safety programs when needed
- Manage complex projects that ensure increased health and safety of Raytheon employees and contractors
- Development and implementation of strategic initiatives that drive continuous improvement
- Must be well-organized and have excellent attention to detail and thoroughness with accomplishing tasks from inception through completion in a multi-tasking environmental
- Must have the ability to handle potentially stressful situations
- Must have the ability to work with minimal supervision, but will not hesitate to ask for more information from supervisors or peers so that task can be completed correctly
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in English to a wide audience, including management and regulatory agencies
- Must be computer proficient including the use of Microsoft Office suite of applications for creating and modifying documents and accessing/using the internet
Required Education: Must have a BS/BA in Public Health, Occupational, Health & Safety or related discipline. Or be enrolled in a program to receive their BS/BA in Public Health, Occupational, Health & Safety or related discipline.Graduate students are desirableThis position requires either a U.S. person or a non-U.S. person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Experience in ergonomics, general safety and industrial hygiene programs.
- OSHA 10-Hour Construction training
- Experienced in developing and conducting creative EHSS training.
- Ability to handle potentially stressful situations
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, but will not hesitate to seek additional information from supervisors or peers so tasks can be completed timely and correctly
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.