What’s YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We’re inspired by a noble mission that’s shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
Seapower Capability Systems is seeking a Program Manager (PM) with prior design management experience to join our growing portfolio of programs and capabilities. This Seapower Program Manager role provides the candidate with an exciting opportunity to be a leader on the Undersea Systems team.
The Undersea Weapons Development Program Manager is responsible for leading a program to include start-up, design, development, integration & test, Proof of Design (POD), Proof of Manufacturing (POM), LRIP (low rate initial production), and/or Full Rate Production. Start-up activities include, but are not limited to, developing the overall program strategy, cost targets, executing partnering agreements, and leading a multifunctional matrixed team to meet customer requirements and contractual agreements. The Program Manager is the primary interface for the customer and end user community, and can expect to spend a significant amount of time building and maintaining these key relationships. Additional responsibilities include meeting the financial, quality, technology, and schedule performance of the program within contractual boundaries, company expectations, and established standards, using the approved business model and management tools. The PM will present to various levels of leadership concerning program status, execution and growth strategy both to internal leadership and within the customer community.
This role is contingent upon contract award and will be located in Portsmouth, RI.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Accountable for the key program metrics, defines program milestones, critical path and tactical direction, including all program start-up activities.
- Drive design cost reduction.
- Aggressively manage program risks and opportunities.
- Maintain a strong relationship with partners and sub-contractors.
- Develop, define and manage a diverse team leveraging all available resources.
- Establish an executable baseline schedule; negotiating and executing change requirements, as necessary.
- Monitor adherence to program budgets and schedules ensuring program meets customer’s needs, schedule and financials as defined within the contract.
- Primary customer contact on status and performance and anticipates and fulfills customer needs, in accordance with the contract, to ensure their satisfaction and continued business.
- Develop and present to senior management the program Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and long term financial outlook and commits the program to specific financial goals and obligations in accordance with the program Annual Operating Plan (AOP).
- Set budgetary guidelines and lead the performance of program task elements through internal functional and/or sub-contractor partnership.
- Focus, evaluate, motivate and rewards the program team, enabling them to achieve desired results.
- Responsible for growing the program and its product(s) by ensuring ongoing customer funding of current contractual requirements, working with the customer to identify and fund further product enhancements and refinements, and identifying and pursuing additional markets and customers for the solution(s).
This position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.Desired Qualifications:
- Minimum of 12 years of prior relevant experience
- Program management or related experience
- University Degree or equivalent job experience
- Experience working with the US Navy
- Knowledge of Undersea Anti-Submarine Warfare (ASW) and/or Torpedo technologies and current US Navy capabilities
- Experience leading teams during start-up activities and the early phases of program research, design, development, test, and evaluation
- Ability to execute US government contracts
- Understanding of US Department of Defense acquisitions process and strategies
- Experience successfully managing programs with multiple subcontractors
- Ability to implement cost reduction strategies
- Six Sigma Specialist Qualification (Raytheon or equivalent) or ability to achieve within 1 year
- Raytheon PM Certification Level 3 or equivalent, or ability to obtain within a year
- Ability to travel throughout the United States, estimated 20% of the time
- Active Secret Security Clearance (DoD)
What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited university, preferably in STEM or Business Management
- Knowledge of ITAR regulations, EXIM licensing requirements, and Technical Assistance Agreements
- Experience with Transition to Production, Production, Delivery, System Integration, Verification & Validation (IV&V), Deployment and Support & Sustainment
- Experience with undersea weapon or combat systems, torpedo development and production, sub-surface systems, warhead electronic system (WES) or unmanned undersea vehicles (UUVs), array electronics, guidance and control (G&C) technology, and cyber resilience capabilities
- Experience in building and leading geographically dispersed, high-performing, and multi-cultural diverse teams, including sub-contractors
- Exceptional communication, writing and presentation skills
- Strong business acumen and management of programs
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.