Who we are!
The Analytics & Machine Intelligence team at Raytheon BBN Technologies (BBN) has the expertise to apply deep knowledge of machine learning approaches and other artificial intelligence techniques, learned and refined in human language technologies, to myriad problems faced by our current and future customers. We are seeking creative and talented Machine Learning / Speech Recognition / Natural Language Processing Scientists to embark on this journey with us as we advance our operations in seminal research and development in fielded solutions.
What will you do?
On BBN’s AMI team, Scientists I work with a team of experienced staff to design, implement, and apply new techniques in a variety of technologies, including speech recognition, speaker ID, language ID, machine translation, information extraction, question-answering, machine learning, NLP, document image processing, and video analysis. Responsibilities include algorithm implementation; testing, analyzing, and documenting the performance of the new algorithms; integrating the resulting advances into existing systems and components; and applying these advances to customer data sets to develop and deliver new capabilities in support of their mission.
What will you gain?
• Apply cutting-edge machine learning techniques on unique data sets
• Work directly with important BBN customers to understand their problems and apply BBN‘s technologies to help them solve them
• Stay current with the latest advances in machine learning through direct work experience, individual training opportunities, and group learning activities
What will you need?
• BS (in CS or related field) with 4+ years, or MS with 2+ years.
• Ability and willingness to apply for a US Government security clearance. US citizenship is required.
• Strong analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills.
• Fluent in Python or Java and well-versed in object oriented programming.
• Familiar with distributed systems
• Experienced contributing to the software lifecycle, from initial design to working prototype to deploying at production scale collaborative environment
• Strong communicator with demonstrated ability to address customer needs in a dynamic environment
• Comfortable supporting research codebases written in Python or Perl
• Be willing to apply for and be granted a US Government security clearance. US citizenship required.
Additional Skills that would be AWESOME / BENEFICIAL
• Advanced degree and greater experience desired
• Active DoD Security clearance highly desired
• Background in probability, statistics, or machine learning
• Experience in multimedia processing technologies, streaming audio/video and supporting standards
• Has managed large-scale data sets using Hadoop, Accumulo, Elastic, or other NoSQL systems
• Has containerized software for continuing integration, delivery, and deployment via Docker, Mesos
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.