Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) has a position for a Director of Contracts that entails a high degree of responsibility to support the Advanced Concepts & Technology mission area. This role is a member of the SAS Contracts Leadership Team and reports to the SAS VP of Contracts. As the leader of a team of contracts professionals, and a member of the SAS Contracts Leadership Team, this role also requires the proactive development of initiatives that drive improvements in capability and capacity to improve functional performance. The mission area is comprised of several product lines supporting multiple withheld customers, large prime contractors and various U.S Government agencies responsible for research and development programs. The mission area headquarters is located in McKinney, TX with contract teams located in McKinney, TX, Dallas, TX, El Segundo, CA and Goleta, CA.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide strategic thought leadership to develop innovative contracting solutions which will result in achieving program and business objectives
- Ensure compliance to contracts policies and guidelines on terms and conditions
- Examine the contract environment in all target opportunities with regard to terms and conditions, model contracts, legal environment, potential partners (with Supply Chain), contract performance history, and identification and initiation of initial export license requirements
- Examine and understand forward pricing rates, cost structure estimates of material, equipment services, production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Prepare bids, process specifications, progress, and other reports; advise management of contractual rights and obligations; mitigate contractual and program risks; compile and analyze data; maintain historical information
- Engage in strategic assessment of business pursuits
- Take ownership of tough issues and use knowledge of situational dynamics to establish personal engagement strategy
- Shape opinions of key stakeholders and negotiate to create the best outcome possible
- Balance competing priorities of constituencies as compared to business needs and use astute judgment as to when to seek executive level direction.
- Business leadership experience in contracts, supply chain or program management
- Significant knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), the Department of Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR), customer budgeting process and an understanding of the ITAR
- Ability to assist senior leaders in achieving their financial and performance goals and objectives
- Defense industry experience or experience in companies that bring technology products to market in a heavily regulated industry
- Experience with US government customers in the acquisition and user communities
- Experience with large contracts/subcontracts and other contract vehicles
- Experience leading in a multinational company
- Results based, self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective relationships with customers based on empathy and trust
- Extensive negotiations experience
- Demonstrated success working within a matrix organizational environment
- Proficiency in contracts fundamentals
- Demonstrated leadership capability
- Demonstrated supervisory capability
- As a member of the SAS Contracts Leadership Team, provide thought leadership & strategic input to the continuous improvement of the Contracts function
- Contract knowledge to provide business council to management & leadership during all phases of the program life cycle to include front-end capture, proposal, negotiation, award, contracts execution, & close out
- U.S. Citizenship Status is Required as this position will require the ability to Access US Only Data Systems.
- U.S. Citizenship Status is Required as this position needs an Active Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance as of Day One of Employment.
- This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate government agency for non-U.S. persons.
- Ability to communicate directly and effectively with decision-makers
- Experience with international customers and FMS and DCS contracting
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Executive level presence
- Familiarity with Raytheon’s businesses, policies, and practices
- MBA or other related advanced degree
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Law or related field
- Master’s Degree with 12+ years related work experience OR Bachelor’s Degree with 14+ years related work experience
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.