Requisition ID 146097BR
Date updated 8/15/2019
CE14 Mgr III Software Engrg: Software Section Manager, G11
We are currently hiring a SW Section Manager to join the Missile Defense & Surveillance Software Department in St. Petersburg, Florida.
The Missile Defense & Surveillance Software Department is comprised of engineers in Huntsville, Alabama; McKinney, Texas; Chesapeake, Virginia; and Saint Petersburg, Florida. The SW Section Manager will coordinate with other managers in the aforementioned locations as needed.
The SW Section Manager will work with a team of software engineers to develop and test new capabilities or to maintain existing capabilities. Our company is focused on achieving excellence through thought and team work while leveraging individual diversity. Our team makes a difference in protecting our actively serving military men and women both at home and overseas. The St Pete software teams employ an Agile Scrum process to rapidly design, code, and integrate capabilities on a continuous basis into a mature solution for our customers. We strive for technical excellence by drawing upon a diverse workforce whose knowledge base covers the complete spectrum of modern computing languages and platforms.
The SW Section Manager will perform line management for a section of software engineers within the department with the primary responsibility of ensuring that each employee has suitable work assignments and opportunities for growth and advancement. Section management duties include performance development and appraisal, salary and manpower planning and ensuring adherence to company policies. The SW Section Manager will contribute significantly to the technical oversight of employees in support of their work assignments, and will also be responsible for supporting a major program, including possible leadership or key individual contributor role.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as within one year of employment.Required Education (including Major):
- Ensure that each employee has suitable work assignments and opportunities for growth and advancement
- Contribute to the technical oversight of employees in support of their daily work assignments
- Support performance development and appraisal
- Support salary and manpower planning
- Ensure adherence to company policies and communicate company and program information
- Support a major program task, including all phases of software development lifecycle, tools, and methodologies
- Support various program related efforts and customer meetings, for which travel may be required
- Support overhead cost account management
- Provide technical and career mentoring to section members, team members, and junior engineers
- Exhibit Raytheon’s values of People, Integrity, Commitment, and Excellent
Company security standards have been imposed requiring the candidate to obtain a Department of Defense interim security clearance, prior to the date of employment. The Department of Defense requires the applicant to produce evidence of U.S. citizenship (i.e. official birth certificate with a raised seal, U.S. passport current or expired, or a certificate of naturalization) prior to the initiation of a security clearance application. Employment will commence within 30 days, contingent upon obtaining an interim security clearance. Upon notification that your interim security clearance has been granted, the employment process will continue.
The ability to obtain a SECRET Security Clearance is required.
- 10+ years of experience in support of software lifecycle activities
- Line and / or project management experience
- Agile Software Development – Scrum, Continuous Integration, Automated Testing, etc.
- Software estimation and bidding
- Strong experience with C++ and Object Oriented Design
- Experience leading a team of software engineers
- Certified Cost Account Manager (CAM) and/or experience with Earned Value (EV) techniques
- Ability to obtain a US government Secret Security Clearance
- Bidding and estimation of software projects
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or Software Engineering.Desired Skills:
At Raytheon, we innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas and dedication to the work we do. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, industry partners and our teammates, making a positive impact not only to our business, but also in our communities where we live and work. Our constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture, investing in our people, and an unwavering vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.Raytheon has been recognized as a respected employer and valued corporate citizen for our employment practices, programs and community support by a number of highly-regarded organizations. The list includes: Forbes, Glassdoor, National Veterans Small Business Association, Corporate Responsibility Magazine, Environmental Protection Agency, Affinity Inc. and many more. What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .
- Scaled Agile – ex: SAFe
- DevOps – Familiar with DevOps principals and practical applications
- Cloud Based Computing Solutions – Including both public and private clouds
- Proposal experience
- Strong Java or other programming languages
- Software Architecture experience across all layers of software, including: application, middleware and real-time operating systems
- Previous or current experience on CEC
- Broad real-time software development experience
- Software development experience in a DoD environment
- Strong communication, interpersonal and decision-making skills
- Customer focus and collaboration skills
- Self-disciplined with a proven applicable technical background
- Effective presence and influential leadership capability, with the ability to interact with senior levels of leadership effectively – including customer, Raytheon teammates and suppliers
- Proven experience with software development techniques and tools
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and work well in a team
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or Software Engineering
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.