An experienced Electrical Engineer is needed to serve as a Components Engineer in the Texas Parts Engineering Section within the Electronics Product Development Support Department (EPDS) for Space and Airborne Systems (SAS). This position will be based in Plano, TX. The individual must be self-motivated and able to work independently. This individual will be a commodity expert for semiconductor components. This individual will be responsible for supporting part application, part selection, and part obsolescence. This individual will support CCA level assessments for tin whisker, gold embrittlement and other issues. The individual must be effective at interfacing with Suppliers, Program Management, Design Engineering, Supply Chain Management and Parts Management personnel. There may be enterprise responsibilities related to counterfeit, gold embrittlement, new enterprise tools or other topics. This individual will be expected to be effective at presenting part, process or quality issues and resolutions in meetings with management or Program personnel and at achieving resolution.
1. Minimum 6 years of experience in the design of electronic systems or minimum 6 years experience in components engineering
2. Experience with the application of digital devices including FPGAs
3. Experience designing electronic systems
4. Basic understanding of analog design
5. Technical success with challenging engineering projects
6. Experience communicating project results in both written reports and presentations
7. Experience with data collection and analysis tools such as MATLAB, MathCAD
8. The ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
1. Experience with the Raytheon design process
2. Experience with C++ or other software based languages
3. Experience with Raytheon preferred electronic design and analysis tools such as SystemVision and DxDesigner
4. Active Secret Clearance
BS Electrical Engineering
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.