General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
GDIT is seeking an experienced WAN engineer to join our team in Springfield, Virginia.
This position supports network engineering design and implementation technology refreshes as the agency progresses toward an enterprise approach to network communications. This position works under general supervision, developing requirements from inception to conclusion.
· Planning, performing, and documenting laboratory assessments of hardware and software for both the classified and unclassified DISN Services to ensure proper connectivity and operations between the DLA WAN, the DLA’s NOC, and DISA’s NOCs.
· Coordinating with the government customer to create a Technology Assessment Plan (TAP) to include the objectives, scope, equipment and configurations, technical approach, procedures, schedules, and roles and responsibilities required to complete the DLA LAN technology refresh and upgrades. These assessments may include independent cost estimates.
· Preparing After Action Reports (AAR) that document the approach taken, results, recommendations and supporting rationale.
· Identifying new and emerging network capabilities as well as developing product evaluation and selection criteria.
· Developing system evaluations methods and procedures.
· Producing formal documentation of recommendations for executive briefings.
· Creating an overall strategy and capability roadmap.
· Ensuring interoperability between DLA WAN, ETN/SoETN and DISN network equipment and services.
· Planning and tracking for implementation tasks.
· Creating necessary supporting configuration artifacts such as network maps, detailed designs, test plans, operations readiness test reports, device configurations, and maintenance processes and procedures.
· Providing Subject Matter Expert (SME) engineering services to the government customer.
The selected candidate will also review industry and government data relative to technology changes affecting the DISN and commercial telecommunications sector and provide preliminary design and implementation data to support the strategic planning process. At a minimum, the candidate will need to address the following areas with regard to design and implementation:
· Wireless Technologies
· IPv6 in concert with AirNet and SIPRNet transition
· Network Operations (NetOps) as defined by the Joint Task Force - Global Network Operations (JTF-GNO) to include network computer defense and situational awareness
· DISN Video Teleconferencing over ETN/SoETN and DLA WAN
· VOIP considering DISA Switched Network (DSN) efforts
· Digital Streaming Video
· Technology refreshes and upgrades to include all core DLA WAN systems and equipment
· Identification and evaluation of emerging standards as they related to the DLA WAN and DLA/DOD mandates
Five (5) years of progressive relevant Information Technology (IT) experience.
CLEARANCE: Secret with SSBI or Top Secret
IAT-III Certification (Must have one of the following): CASP+CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP, GCED, GCIH
Computing Environment certification (must have both below):
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
BA/BS is preferred. Additional work experience will be considered in lieu of degree.