General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
We are seeking a Senior Windows System Administrator responsible for the installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of a mission network. The system administration tasking will focus on improving the stability and performance of the system, maintaining and improving the security posture of the domain, continuous monitoring of system health, and troubleshooting issues that arise. This individual is accountable for Windows, and application systems that support infrastructure. Responsibilities on these systems include SA engineering, operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual operation.
Key duties include maintaining operating systems (primarily Windows), application support, integration, design, and assistance as needed with additional duties to support the team. Responsibilities include: OS patching, file and server backups, maintaining group policies, booting servers, troubleshooting server issues, and managing print server installs, updates, and permissions. Responsible for the design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments and software. Schedule, plan and perform system upgrades.
1. Demonstrated experience with VM Ware administration (AWS Cloud knowledge is a plus)
2. Proficient in scripting and Windows automation
3. Proficient with shell scripting, analyzing log files, managing user accounts and groups
4. Knowledge of IC system security requirements and approval processes
5. Effectively communicate (verbal and written) in a professional manner with technical and non-technical personnel
6. Engineering of systems administration-related solutions for various project and operational needs
7. Installs new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage
8. Installs and configures systems which support infrastructure and/or R&D activities
9. Develops and maintains installation and configuration procedures and processes
10. Contributes to and maintains system standards
11. Contributes to and maintains security posture of the system in accordance customer direction
12. Researches and recommends innovative, automated approaches for system administration tasks
13. Installs and updates security patches on the operational and development system, document compliance
14. Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the availability of all server resources, systems and key processes
15. Reviews system and application logs, and verifies completion of scheduled jobs
16. Performs regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions
17. Performs daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up
18. Performs regular file archival and purge as necessary
19. Creates, changes, and deletes user accounts per request as necessary
20. Repairs and recovers from system failures. Coordinates and communicates with impacted constituencies
10+ years of system administration experience, or an additional two years of experience in lieu of a degree.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Technology.