Systems Engineer - Integration & Test
Job ID: 496667BR
Date posted: Aug. 14, 2019
Description:The Submersibles & Sensors market segment has a need for a versatile Systems Test Engineer to join our rapidly growing team in Marion, MA. This role would support ongoing work on a MK48 Heavyweight Torpedo program.
The candidate needs to be a very strong technically and have significant experience executing the systems engineering lifecycle leading a team through IV&V activities to ensure compliance to requirements. The candidate is required to have earned value experience and expert level experience in integration and test tasks including test planning, execution, and coordination of testing at outside test facilities and military installations.
The successful candidate will be proficient in communicating upward to program leads and senior managers, and with other engineers and individual contributors on the team. The candidate must be highly engaged with program leaders, the engineering teams/IPTs, customers, and other services impacting development and test such as drafting, sourcing, safety, manufacturing, etc.
- Demonstrated experience planning and executing the test programs for multiple subsystems and higher level integrated systems
- Demonstrated technical leadership of multidisciplinary teams on DoD development programs, preferably US Navy programs
- Must have good written skills and prior experience developing technical artifacts for DoD programs
- Prior experience developing materials for and presenting at System Engineering Technical Reviews (SETR) events such as SRR/SFR/SSR/PDR/CDR/TRR
- Prior experience developing sub-system and system level test artifacts (plans/procedures/reports/test readiness reviews)
- Prior experience establishing and tracking schedules and budgets as a Cost Account Manager (CAM) using Earned Value (EV) Management techniques
- Prior experience interfacing with military customers, vendors, and subcontractors for major components or sub-systems
- Experienced at giving presentations and coordinating/running meetings (sometimes in front of large audiences)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and works well in a team environment
- Occasional travel to customer and subcontractor facilities is required
- Candidate must be capable of obtaining a final Secret clearance.
- Strong systems engineering background in all phases of systems lifecycle
- Experience with US Navy Program Executive Offices (PEOs) and Warfare Centers (NUWC)
- Experience defining risks & opportunities for a program
- Familiarity with DoD contracting activities and acquisition life-cycle
- Detailed knowledge, analytical skills, and hands-on experience with electronic system design, test, and production.
- Experience and familiarity with other engineering disciplines such as mechanical, electrical, and software engineering
- Ability to thrive in multitasking environment
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Assembly/Integration and Test
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid)