Program Planner Associate (entry level)
Job ID: 496013BR
Date posted: Aug. 14, 2019
City: Highlands Ranch
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence, and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, we’ll build a better tomorrow with you.
If you have an interest in all things space and an interest in working for a company that will put astronauts on Mars, create 3D printed satellites, launch payloads that learn in orbit, or that develop national defense systems, come be a part of our Program Planning team. At Space, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee.
Our facility in Highlands Ranch, CO has an excellent opportunity for an entry level Program Planning professional who wants to join our mission. This is an exciting Program Planning position in which you will support the Orion program, which is developing the space vehicle that will take humans further into space than ever before. In this role, you will partner with Lockheed Martin Program Management, NASA, other Program Planners, IPT leads, functional leads, and CAMs to develop and maintain the schedules necessary to build, test and deliver the Orion spacecraft.
What will this role typically involve?
• You will develop, status, and analyze Integrated Master Schedules (IMS) in enough detail to monitor progress, assess program status, and identify performance issues in a timely manner
• You will develop recovery plans to ensure program milestones are completed in accordance with the contract requirements
• You will apply critical path methodology and application in network development, analysis, and problem resolution
• You will perform independent schedule risk assessments and mitigation planning
• In conjunction with Program Finance and CAMs, you will develop/maintain Earned Value Management System metrics and provide monthly status and analysis
• While working with the entire planning team to translate customer requirements into the program baseline, you will interface with a variety of program functional organizations such as Engineering, Procurement, Contracts, Business Management, and Program Management
• You will work with cross-functional teams to maintain and coordinate vertical and horizontal schedule integration between supplemental schedules, the IMS, and the Program Summary Master Schedule.
• You will serve as liaison by maintaining, publishing, and presenting relevant planning and scheduling information and metrics to provide visibility and communicate potential issues to management and engineering
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 0 - 3 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Benefits you can enjoy include:
• Paid time off
• 25 three-day weekends
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Basic understanding of business concepts and processes
• Understanding of basic concepts of program management
• Microsoft skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Project
• Bachelors degree in an Engineering discipline (Industrial Engineering, Software Engineering, or Systems Engineering) is a plus
• Knowledge of scheduling tools such as Microsoft Project software
• Knowledge of Software Engineering Project Management
• Self-starter and team player
• Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to handle multiple simultaneous tasks
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a diverse workplace
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Program Planning
Clearance Level: None
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2