Moorestown, NJ - Specialty Engineer Associate
Job ID: 496616BR
Date posted: Aug. 14, 2019
State: New Jersey
Program: Site Event
Description:Perform activities related to the Reliability, Maintainability, and Availability (RMA) aspects of the products developed in RMS. Specific efforts can include:
• Interface with system and element design engineers to identify R&M shortfalls in system level analysis/design and board level predictions as applicable
• Perform reliability and maintainability predictions and allocations for equipment’s and systems using RMA software based tools
• Prepare system, element, and equipment R&M specifications from top-level requirements.
• Interpret statistical data derived from failure reporting programs and reliability demonstrations.
• Identify RMA problems, conducting physics of failure analysis and evaluating proposed corrective actions.
• Perform Failure Reporting and Corrective Action activities.
• Actively engage with system design engineers in the development of new designs/configurations.
• Develop high availability architectures for complex systems including radar and alternative energy platforms.
• Participate in system/element design reviews, presentations, and meetings with customer and with other contractors.
• Acquire and integrate unit level RMA data into reliability block diagrams and mathematical models to project system level RMA characteristics.
• Conduct R&M testing and statistical evaluation of test data.
• Review equipment failure data, identify RMA problems and assess corrective action (FRACAS).
• Execute Failure Modes Effects Criticality Analyses and Fault Tree Analyses.
• Prepare formal reports and presentations to customers describing the results of the analyses and assessments.
• Interface with various program offices/customer and be responsible for leading a complete job
• Complete predictions and be able to discuss R&M areas of improvements with design engineers
• Optimize sparing based on system architectures, reliability predictions, and deployment profiles
• Partner with system design team and develop RMA system model
• Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Electrical
engineering; math; physics; computer science; or equivalent degree.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong leadership, administrative, and interpersonal skills
• Able to work independently or as a member of a team
• Strong written and verbal presentation skills.
• Must be able to obtain & maintain a secret security clearance. Obtaining a security clearance requires US citizenship.
• Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
• Prior coursework or relevant experience in RMA.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: 4 yr and up College
Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Specialty Engineering
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid)