Project Manager - Facilities Construction (early to mid-career level)
Job ID: 493413BR
Date posted: Aug. 14, 2019
Program: Facility Operations & Services
Description:At Lockheed Martin Space (LM Space), we’re shaping the space technologies of tomorrow, today. As LM Space further enhances and develops a competitive enterprise for capturing new opportunities in the market, our facility Project Implementation organization is providing the path forward in a dynamic environment to stay ahead of facility infrastructure needs and construction innovations through projects supporting many types of space. Such projects include anechoic & thermal vacuum chamber test areas, critical manufacturing & assembly areas, technology support operations centers and cutting-edge customer demonstration capabilities to name a few. Virtually every LM Space mission success starts with a strong foundation of facility infrastructure design, construction and execution management, which is performed risk free in support of business needs without interruption.
As a Facilities Project Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to use your education and experience to take on interesting challenges and become an integral part of our team as we build new or redesign current state of the art engineering facilities. At Lockheed Martin Space, you’ll use innovative approaches that will help facilitate our ability to achieve mission success.
In this role, you will work on projects that will vary from very simple with low complexity tenant finish to higher technical specialized laboratories and unique testing chambers.
Responsibilities will include:
• Plan, direct, and manage all phases of construction projects from initiation of design concepts through design, implementation, and closeout
• Ensure project requirements are defined, contract and contract changes are negotiated, operating budgets established, and financial terms/conditions of contract are identified.
• Act as primary contact for facility project activities and be responsible for multiple concurrent project logistics & leadership, communication, reviews of cost, schedule and technical performance.
• Establish schedule milestones and monitor adherence to master plans, standards, construction specifications, budgets, and schedules.
• Identify problems, status and develop solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing project scope assessment.
• Represent FO&S organization and provide coordination with internal staff, external subcontractors, telecommunications, and other Space customer Lines of Business.
• Frequently interface with senior management on significant decision making or status.
• Bachelors degree with 6 years of professional, job relevant experience or 4 years experience with a Masters degree.
• Experience managing project financial budgets and scheduling milestones related to project management ranging from $1,000 to $10M in concurrent projects.
• Experience leading and driving multiple concurrent project teams through project life cycles for successful on schedule and budget project completion.
• Ability to prioritize projects and related tasks with organizational direction and budget standard guidelines.
• Ability to develop solutions to a variety of complex problems, recommends or lead operational change as technical leader, and can coach or assist other peers.
• Must be a United States citizen.
• Ability to obtain Secret security clearance.
• Project Engineering background.
• Commercial / Industrial / Government build experience.
• Ability to motivate teams and demonstrate excellent interpersonal customer skills, time management, and organizational strength.
• Construction background including managing and negotiating with architectural & engineering firms, general contractors, and subcontractors.
• Project management PMP Certification.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: No
Career Area: Facilities
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2