Senior Industrial Engineer
Job ID: 489042BR
Date posted: Aug. 14, 2019
Description:This is a senior level position to provide industrial engineering support to one or more advanced development programs for which eligibility to obtain a DOD security clearance is required.
Responsibilities may include:
• Coach and develop less experienced team members.
• Provide technical leadership and guidance to insure the right problems are being solved and solutions are consistent with organizational strategy and vision.
• Assist production engineering managers in translating program needs into industrial engineering deliverables.
• Apply advanced Industrial Engineering concepts and techniques to analyze processes and support product and process design teams in all stages of the product life cycle.
• Plan and prepare production schedules based on engineering plans, production specifications, plant capacity, availability of parts, and manpower requirements.
• Coordinate with department supervisors to determine status of assigned projects and schedules and advise management on the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production issues.
• Interface with program management, manufacturing leads, customer, and functional leads to drive tasks to completion.
• Competently use computers and other systems to interrogate data systems, provide appropriate analysis, and drive action.
• Provide direct shop floor support including creation of crew plans, burn down charts, and performance metrics to surface problems and optimize production.
• Develop and execute strategic plans to implement changes in manufacturing, engineering and service operations to improve key performance indicators.
• Document processes and contribute to production engineering body of knowledge playbooks.
• Bachelor of science degree in an engineering or related discipline or equivalent experience/combined education
• Experience with industrial engineering tasks including process mapping, various analysis techniques, and/or problem resolution
• Experience creating shop floor crew plans to ensure resources are properly allocated and utilized effectively
• Experience applying and implementing lean manufacturing principles in a production system.
• Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization including non-technical personnel.
• Proficient with MS Office (including Access) and Microsoft Project
• Bachelor of science degree in industrial engineering
• Experience in an early program startup environment
• Experience writing code, creating dashboards, and/or developing web sites.
• Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Access and Excel
• Proficient with SAP and HMS suite of applications (CAPP, SFM), Tableau, and Sharepoint
• 5+ years of combined production and/or master scheduling experience
• 5+ years of production operations (Shop Floor) experience
• Project management experience
• Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
• Experience with Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS0343 AERONAUTICS COMPANY
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Manufacturing
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day