Cybe-Ssecurity Embedded Systems Design Engineer - Orlando FL
Job ID: 496311BR
Date posted: Aug. 14, 2019
Description:Lockheed Martin is seeking an emerging Cyber-Security Design Engineer to join our team to design, implement, deploy, and maintain state of the art security architectures and countermeasures to protect and enable innovative new Lockheed Martin products.
The Cyber-Security Engineer will perform the following tasks:
- Support the application of cyber-security policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of all Department of Defense (DOD) technology solutions.
- Develop recommendations and courses of action to solve complex embedded cyber-security problems.
- Participate as a security engineering representative on engineering teams for the design, development, implementations and/or integration of DOD tactical systems.
In addition, The Cyber-Security Design Engineer will support team initiatives to include the following:
- Identify security risks, threats and vulnerabilities of networks, systems, applications and new technology initiatives
- Assist architects and system developers in the identification and implementation of appropriate cyber-security functionality to ensure uniform application of DOD security policy and apply system security engineering expertise in one or more of the following:
o system security design process
o engineering life cycle
o cross domain solutions
o identification, authentication, and authorization
o system integration
o risk management
o intrusion detection
o certification and accreditation process
o security verification testing
- Prepare all Risk Management Framework (RMF) artifacts required of the contractor (and system owner, if required) to achieve Authority to Operate
- Enforce the design and implementation of trusted relations among external systems and architectures
- Assess and mitigate system security threats/risks throughout the program life cycle
- Design perimeter defense systems including intrusion detection systems, firewalls, sensors, etc.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of cyber-security security procedures and safeguards to ensure they provide the intended level of protection
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting position.
The Locale: Orlando is a city in the Central Florida area. This region is a great place to live and to raise a family. Central Florida offers lots of attractive residential housing options. The Greater Orlando metropolitan area is the sixth largest metro area in the southeastern United States. The climate here is warm and sunny all year long for the most part. Orlando is home to Walt Disney World, Universal Studios Florida, and SeaWorld. Orlando is also home to the second largest University in the US, the University of Central Florida (UCF). Where can you get to from Orlando? Orlando is about an hour's drive from Cocoa Beach and the "space coast" to include NASA and the Kennedy Space Center. Tampa is about 1.5 hours from Orlando. West Palm Beach is about 2.5 hours to the south and Jacksonville is about 2 hours to the northeast. Atlanta, GA is 6 hours to the northwest.
Bachelor of Science, or higher, in one of the following areas: Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.
Experience with Open System Architecture design and partitioning.
Demonstrate the ability to enhance rule sets to detect or block sources of malicious traffic; and establish a protective net of layered defenses to prevent, detect, and eradicate threats.
Prior real-time embedded system design experience.
Familiarity with the DoD system development lifecycle.
Experience delivering written and oral presentations to program personnel and customers.
Currently hold an active Secret clearance.
Familiarity with, and design experience throughout the DoD systems lifecycle.
Familiarity with missile and/or aircraft fire control system interfaces, design, and operation.
Systems Engineering experience with Open System Architecture design and partitioning.
Prior embedded system design experience.
Previous experience in the fields of Cybersecurity and/or Anti-Tamper, including system design and/or vulnerability assessment.
Good understanding of security protocol design and analysis, firmware and embedded OS design principles.
Understanding of NSA-approved cryptographic standards and methods.
Knowledge of cryptographic solutions, to include secure boot implementations, cryptographic key management, and/or secure processing.
Experience with program protection proposal efforts, to include development of Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) estimates and/or Basis of Estimate (BOE).
Knowledge of DOORS and requirements development / flow down.
Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) tools (e.g.,
Rational Rhapsody, Enterprise Architect), DODAF views, and development of MBSE diagrams.
Knowledge of AT- and Cyber-related governance, e.g., RMF, LO/CLO.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS0385 MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Systems Engineering: Other
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day