Ship Repair - Ship Superintendent
Job ID: 496462BR
Date posted: Aug. 14, 2019
Program: LCS Sustainment
Description:The LCS Sustainment Ship Superintendent will be the Lockheed Martin Team Leader for the scheduling and management of maintenance-related equipment issues for LCS-1 Class ships. This person shall coordinate operational and support issues with the customer, the ship’s crew, and the Industry Team supporting the ship. This job will also include a role as the Warranty Engineer for scheduled and emergent work for various hulls while not active in the Ship Superintendent position. They are expected to perform the following tasks:
1. Maintain a status of ongoing, and scheduled, maintenance and repairs.
2. Oversee maintenance actions performed by Lockheed Martin and subcontracted vendors.
3. Independently develop, and review, design specifications for the maintenance of Hull, Mechanical, Electrical and Mission Systems.
4. Support testing, troubleshooting, and repair of LCS equipment.
5. This position is expected to work from the ship, in the shipyard, and occasionally underway.
6. Requires travel (approx. 10-20%).
1. Experience in overseeing the troubleshooting, maintaining, and repairing ship systems with:
a. Effective knowledge of ship hull, mechanical and electrical systems implementation, and integration.
b. Effective knowledge of ship navigation, communication, and combat systems implementation and integration.
2. Ability to research design and implementation issues, read and translate ship drawings, and communicate implementation approaches and deficiencies.
3. Major Ship Repair Facility engineering experience.
4. Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities.
5. Ability to build effective relationships with Ship’s Crew and Navy customers.
1. Management experience in a Major Ship Repair Facility.
2. US Navy or US Government leadership experience in an engineering or combat systems maintenance role.
3. Prior experience monitoring ship HM&E equipment such as propulsion plant, electric plant, damage control or safety equipment systems.
4. Navy maintenance process and resources familiarity..
5. Knowledge of LCS Program, the ship, and its systems.
6. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Naval Architecture, or Marine Engineering or equivalent ship development or naval engineering education and experience.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Miscellaneous Engineering
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid)