Proposal and Estimating Manager
Job ID: 494280BR
Date posted: Aug. 15, 2019
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder.
The Proposal and Estimating Manager manages the development, planning and scheduling of IC (Intelligence Community) proposals.
In this role you will be responsible for:
• Coordinating subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions.
• Oversees the compilation of cost, schedule, and technical elements in the development of proposals in accordance with request for proposal (RFP) specifications. • Monitors the coordination and the collection and accumulation of cost, scheduling, and performance elements from functional departments.
• Directs the research and analysis of historical data, development of cost models to support proposal efforts.
• Monitors the coordination of activities and participates in fact-finding meetings.
• Insures participation in should-cost and pricing reviews with management and customer representatives.
• Insures participation as a member of the contract negotiating team.
Individual will typically have minimum 8 to 10 years of work experience.
This person must have an active Top Secret Clearance with an investigation within 5 years. US citizenship required.
Lockheed Martin Space offers a total compensation package from competitive wages, a 9x80 work schedule, and healthy living incentives.
• Understanding of FAR based proposal process and compliance with audit community.
• SCI level clearance.
• Prior experience with IC community proposal preparation
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Finance
Clearance Level: Top Secret with an investigation within 5 years
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2