Job ID: 494875BR
Date posted: Aug. 14, 2019
Description:At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future! The Technical Writer position is responsible for the development of the Commercial Programs as well of the VH-92A helicopter programs Organizational Level Maintenance Technical Publications in accordance with Engineering and Vendor Design, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications. The Technical Writer acquires subject knowledge by interviewing product developers, observing performance of production methods, referring to technical specifications, blueprints, and engineering illustrations.
This position also oversees preparation of illustrative materials, selecting 3-D Models, drawings, sketches, diagrams and charts. Regular quality review of material is required, and quality metrics are compiled to assess performance.
The Technical Writer candidate will be a member of the Lockheed Martin - Rotary and Mission Systems Business Area, with focus in the Sikorsky Aircraft Line of Business (LOB) Technical Publications team supporting all Commercial Programs including the VH-92A Executive Transport Program. The primary purpose of this position is to support the program and the organizational level maintenance procedures development of technical publications for all Commercial Programs as well the VH-92A Executive Transport Program helicopter platform. The Technical Writer is responsible for all aircraft maintenance content within the Technical Manuals and will coordinate with all program Integrated Product Teams (LSA, GSE, Engineering, Program Management, etc.) as required to meet all contractual obligations.
This position is located Stratford, CT.
The Technical Writer will also QA the manage/schedule/offload effort of Technical Manuals projects to suppliers and must be able to clearly and effectively communicate technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences. The position may require contact with customers. This
includes travel to facilities to perform validations and verifications on technical manuals, and attending program reviews and technical interchange meetings, etc.
• Aviation-related field or equivalent experience (0-5 years Technical Writing/Logistics experience).
• Familiar with Engineering drawings/blueprints.
• Highly motivated.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Able to think and operate independently.
• Willingness to travel.
• Logistics, Maintenance Planning, and or a combination of Aviation Mechanic experience (A&P license and/or military experience) is preferred.
• Provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
• Strong communications skills both written and oral.
• Ability to work multiple projects of varied size and scope.
• Familiar with technical authoring languages and specifications such as XML, SGML, in S1000D.
• Familiar with common Engineering/Technical Authoring tools and computer applications such as Contenta, Catia, Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETMs), Arbortext Editor, and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Working knowledge of Six Sigma tools set or lean business processes, especially Root Cause Analysis.
• S92A or similar platform experience is preferred.
• Able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Logistics
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid)