Industrial Engineer / Scheduler
Job ID: 495457BR
Date posted: Aug. 14, 2019
Description:**Role requires the ability to obtain a security clearance at the secret level.
Our team is growing and we have multiple opportunities to support both sustaining and advanced development programs in every stage of the product life-cycle. Specific responsibilities for this role include:
• Independently identify opportunities to surface problems and drive improvements in all value streams.
• Apply advanced Industrial Engineering concepts and techniques to analyze processes and support product and process design teams in all stages of the product life cycle.
• Competently use computers and other systems to access, maintain, and manipulate data.
• Plan and prepare production schedules to support production operations based on engineering plans, production specifications, plant capacity, availability of parts, and manpower requirements.
• Interface with supervisors and program management to determine status of assigned projects and schedules and advise on the status of work in progress, material availability, and potential production issues.
• Provide direct shop floor support including creation of crew plans, burn down charts, and performance metrics to surface problems and optimize production.
• Implement changes in manufacturing, engineering and service operations to improve key performance indicators.
• Document processes and contribute to production engineering body of knowledge playbooks.
• Bachelor of science degree in an engineering or technical discipline or equivalent experience
• Experience applying and implementing lean manufacturing principles and delivering results
• Experience performing industrial engineering tasks in industry
• Experience creating shop floor crew plans to ensure resources are properly allocated and utilized effectively
• Experience working in a production environment
• Experience with Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and/or Access
• Bachelor of science degree in industrial engineering
• 3+ years of combined production and/or master scheduling experience
• 3+ years of production operations (Shop Floor) experience
• Project management experience
• Proficient with SAP
• Proficient with HMS suite of applications (CAPP, SFM)
• Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
• Experience with Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
• Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Access and Excel
• Highly proficient with Microsoft Project
• Experience working with performance analysis and reporting tools i.e., Business Objects, Tableau
• Ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization including with non-technical personnel.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: ESS0343 AERONAUTICS COMPANY
Relocation Available: Possible
Career Area: Manufacturing
Clearance Level: Secret
Virtual Location: no
Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day