***This position is for early career individuals who have less than 2 years of professional work experience and who will receive a degree during the current academic year or who received their degree within the last 18 months.***
The Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) teams within System Design & Performance is responsible for all requirements, trade studies, algorithm designs and performance analyses required to develop Raytheon Missile System products that navigate and guide successfully. The scope of work includes aerodynamic analysis, wind tunnel testing and model development: flight control system design and analysis; servo and control actuation system design and analysis; strap down and GPS aided navigation system design and analysis; target state estimation, midcourse and terminal guidance design optimization as well as system performance analysis.
Entry level position starting in 2020 conducting missile guidance, navigation, air vehicle, control system, embedded software and missile performance analysis. Missile guidance tasks include guidance law development, state estimation, sensor fusion, trajectory shaping and miss distance performance optimization. Air vehicle design tasks include aerodynamics/stability & control, kinematic and propulsion system trade studies including computational fluid dynamics analysis, wind tunnel testing and aerodynamic model development. Navigation tasks include system trade studies, component modeling of inertial measurement units (IMU) and global positioning systems (GPS), as well as simulation of navigation algorithms particularly Kalman filters. Control system tasks include autopilot, control actuation system, mechanism and gimbaled seeker servo design. Embedded software includes real-time GNC algorithm development for missile system products. Missile performance analysis includes model development, system optimization and Monte Carlo assessments with expected system disturbances.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
Required Skills, and Education
Desired Skills, and Education
- Masters of Science degree from an ABET accredited institution in one of the following: Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or Systems Engineering with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Course work including a combination of digital and modern control systems, dynamics, Kalman filter design, aerodynamics, CFD analysis or signal processing.
- Computer skills include Matlab, C, C++, Object Oriented design, familiarity with UNIX and LINUX operating systems as well as Microsoft products.
- This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Location: This position is located in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region and recognized as one of America’s 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature’s best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson’s fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
- Class projects, professional internships, or academic research demonstrating the ability to apply technical course work or computer skills.
- Effective communication and organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- Demonstrated ability to work with colleagues who represent a diversity of work and conflict resolution styles
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
- Student Loan Debt Contribution
- Paid Parental Leave
- Educational Assistance
- 9/80 work schedule – Every other Friday off
- Onsite Wellness Program – Health Screenings/Flu Shots
- 401K – Raytheon Savings & Investment Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Rstars is an enterprise-wide recognition program that allows you to give and receive thanks for notable and exceptional performance.
***Please upload a copy of your most recent transcripts with your resume when applying to this requisition***
Learn more about us:
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.