“Outside the box. Above the Earth. Beyond our wildest dreams. Our engineers are creating new possibilities in space.”
Raytheon is seeking a Ground Terminal Equipment (GTE) Subsytem Lead Software Systems Engineer as part of the Segment Element Architecture team in Aurora, Colorado.
As a Principal Software System Engineer, your duties will include but not be limited to the following:
- Work with a team of systems engineers in providing technical oversight, direction and clarification of requirements to software and hardware development teams, and test personnel.
- Provide systems engineering analyses including trade studies, use case development, requirements definition and derivation, capabilities analysis, functional analysis, product definition, interface definition, and requirement validation and verification.
- Lead element level final qual test Analysis and Inspection Report creation and completion for verification of requirements.
- Provide coverage to engineering and other technical review boards.
- Provide Live Sky support for MS deployment and REBU updates for data collection.
- Provide test support and guidance for creation of the acceptance testing and Test Procedures.
- Perform VDA duties for test events associated with element level verification; Test Procedure review, Dry Run Witnessing, test readiness presentation, Run For Record Witnessing, and support of Test Report creation and VDA scoring.
- Support other verification efforts associated with children of element level requirements.
- Attend technical interchange meetings with the team members and other program personnel, and represent the organization in matters pertaining to the development of his/her project.
- Provide status on assigned schedule tasks.
- Provide document and engineering artifact review and resolve technical systems engineering and integration issues.
- Lead or support estimation of new work efforts as required.
Clearance Requirement: Must be a US Citizens with a current /active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance.
This position is eligible for a Sign on Bonus up to $40k for a candidate with a current TS/SCI that can be verified and hired at Raytheon.
- Current SECRET Clearance
- Bachelor degree and at least 8+ years demonstrated engineering experience with proven track record.
- Understanding of the SE lifecycle and/or change management process
- Experience/background with radar, antenna, RF, Signal processing
- Experience in at least one of the following system engineering areas operations concept development, requirements management, technical risk management, interface definition and control
- Enthusiastic & energetic performer able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, & high visibility environment
- Self-motivated and capable of performing tasks with minimal oversight
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation skills
- Current SSBI or active TS or SCI security clearance
- Experience working in a Satellite Ground System development or operations environment
- Experience with ground station satellite domains (command and telemetry, flight dynamics antennas, signal processing or mission planning)
- Experience with system architecture
- Experience with waveforms, signal modulation or RF communications
- Experience with Satellite Data Processing
- Experience in an Agile or DevOps development environment
- Experience as a product owner
- Experience with software systems integration, verification or validation
- Experience with requirements management tools (DOORS, RTC)
Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.