|Raytheon IIS/GIS provides Operations and Maintenance support for the Intelligence Community|
The Fiber/Hardware Information System Technologist II resolves problems based on mission criticality and guidance and provides hardware support to maintain operational systems at a high level of availability. The environment fluctuates between routine and urgent, depending on ongoing tasks, priorities, and performance of assigned systems. Working independently or as part of a troubleshooting team, the Fiber/Hardware Team analyzes problems and determines the best approach to return systems to operations. They must be able to work under pressure in restoring high priority systems back to operations. The Fiber/Hardware Information System Technologist detects, isolates, documents, reports, and resolves hardware related outages or problems, isolates problems to the line replaceable unit, then replaces the unit, and also coordinates, schedules, and executes preventative maintenance processes. In addition, the Fiber/Hardware Information System Technologist supports inventory management and property control activities and associated maintenance and test. The Fiber/Hardware Information System Technologist also fabricates and installs fiber optic and copper cable and installs new hardware. The Fiber/Hardware Information System Technologist works directly with the customer in most aspects of the day-to-day activities. Working at a customer facility and daily with the customer requires excellent communication skills and the ability to multi-task efforts based on a dynamic environment and changing priorities.
- Quickly detect, isolate, document, report, and resolve computer network hardware system outages, or problems encountered during operations, which includes the collection of diagnostic data, restoring the system operation, development of workarounds, and other activities necessary for recovery of a system.
- Accurately document problems in logging and discrepancy reporting tools. Collects data describing the environment at the time of the failure and perform other activities in support of maintenance provider DR investigation and resolution.
- Support the hardware and fiber team leads to coordinate, schedule, and execute daily preventative maintenance activities as well as provide network connectivity to customers.
- Initiate and track the return and repair of failed hardware items.
- Assist in the integration, installation, and test of new or modified capabilities.
- Provide, document and manage hardware configurations and conduct routine performance monitoring.
- Working at a customer facility and with the customer daily requires good communication skills and the ability to multi-task efforts based on a dynamic environment and changing priorities.
- Review network attachment forms (NAF's) for accuracy and completeness, properly document network connection information and annotate in the NAF database.
- Support inventory management and property control activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and minimum of two years’ experience working in technical operations or engineering –OR- a minimum of ten years equivalent experience in-lieu of degree.
- Experience in managing and maintaining Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) hardware.
- Experience in installation planning, preparation, checkout and deploying systems to the field.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including maintenance of detailed problem tracking information.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- The physical agility to perform work under a raised floor and work from ladders and/or scaffolding to work in drop ceilings.
- Must be willing to work occasional evenings, weekends, and possibly holidays.
- Experience managing and maintaining custom hardware.
- Experience developing hardware documentation (system layout, rack elevation, wiring lists, etc)
- Experience with Systems, Software, Test, and Integration Engineering.
- Knowledge of the fabrication, testing, and certification of both single-mode and multi-mode fiber cables using modern fabrication and testing equipment.
- Knowledge of affixing the following connectors: ST, SC, FC/APC, SC/APC, and MT-RJ connectors.
- The ability to perform successfully in an open environment where frequent and direct interaction and collaboration with customers and peers is ordinary.
- Certification as a Fiber Optic Technician.
- ITIL certification