|The Sr. Principal Quality Engineer for hypersonic systems will improve process control, quality performance, and reduce customer escapes by:|
- Developing quality assurance and quality control processes necessary to deploy complex high speed systems utilizing advanced propulsion designs and new technologies to production.
- Guiding Engineering, Operations, Quality Control and the Supply Chain toward integration of quality assurance and quality control best practices in Front End of the Business (FEOTB) functions, including product design and development and manufacturing planning.
- Interfacing collaboratively with the Advanced Missile Systems program teams.
- Addressing the full spectrum of Quality Assurance touch points, from design for Manufacturability and Assembly (DFMA) through qualification of new designs and full-scale production.
- Guiding cross-functional teams in defining, implementing, and sustaining improved process control schemes for internal and external processes.
- Evaluating root cause and corrective actions for performance and process-related escapes, and incorporation of lessons learned in design and manufacturing improvements.
- Development of command media and quality related IPDS requirements.
- Supporting development of process control measurements, and the use of those measurements to improve process and system performance.
- Minimum experience ten (10) years in High Speed Propulsion System Design, High Speed Propulsion System Testing, High Temperature Materials Engineering, Quality, or Engineering.
- Knowledge of component testing and qualification techniques for advanced high speed systems.
- Knowledge of the application of statistics and statistical process control methods in design development, manufacturing and testing of propulsion and/or aerodynamic systems. (Design of Experiments and other methods).
- Demonstrated ability to develop key quality assurance IPDS actions and quality assurance and V&V requirements from the technical data package and manufacturing processes, up to and including development of business level or corporate command media.
- Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing processes and the ability to develop and implement effective in-process monitoring during manufacturing of components and statistical process controls.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills suitable to interacting with individuals at all levels within Raytheon and with external industry counterparts.
- Ability to obtain Secret level security clearance.
Required Education (Including Major):B.S. in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics.
- Knowledge of high fidelity computer modeling of aerospace systems and computer model validation.
- Knowledge of advanced propulsion system designs, emphasizing RAM jet and SCRAM jet experience.
- Design and manufacturing experience with high temperature nickel alloys, refractory alloys and materials, intermetallic composites and ceramics.
- Demonstrated ability in a key/POC function guiding Integrated Process Teams at a business or corporate level.
- Design and manufacturing experience with assembly of structural elements with advanced and/or robotic welding technologies, including TIG, laser and EB.
- Ability to liaise effectively with Supplier Quality and the Supplier Engineering to establish flow-down requirements for suppliers.
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 and/or AS9100 quality management systems
- Six Sigma and/or ASQ Certifications
- Level 5 Mission Assurance Certification (Internal candidates)
- Experienced in Product/Process Failure Modes & Affects Analysis
- Existing Secret level security clearance
Preferred degree fields are: Aerospace Engineering, Materials Engineering/Metallurgy, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related discipline.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Employment is contingent on other factors, including, but not limited to, background checks and drug screens.
Check us out on YouTube