The Advanced Test Systems Engineering Center (ATSEC), within the Systems Test Directorate, has the responsibility to grow and sustain the Systems Engineering competencies throughout all test activities, and to make test more affordable, credible, agile, and robust.
Within ATSEC, the Test Equipment Procurement & Fabrication (TE Pro-Fab) Department has the responsibility to provide engineering planning, material acquisition, fabrication, and Test Equipment (TE) prototyping solutions throughout the entire product lifecycle.TE Pro-Fab is seeking Engineering / Prototyping Technicians to work in an engineering environment to fabricate test equipment per customer specifications, internal requirements, and industry standards.
The candidate will closely collaborate with design engineers, engineering planners, engineering customers, and the Quality department to bring the TE designs and concepts to fruition. Candidates will utilize various engineering drawings, schematics, manuals, and other related documentation in performance of their tasks in the development and fabrication of unique, custom test equipment and engineering assemblies.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- Generating electrical hardware (equipment, instrumentation, assemblies, prototypes, and systems) from 3D computer models, sketches, hand written notes, drawings, verbal instructions and specifications.
- Use of judgement based on experience to co-develop electronic, electro-optical and mechanical assemblies.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Quality staff to obtain clarification, resolve issues, and improve designs.
- Perform electrical layout, construction, modification, testing, adjustment, verification, and prove-in of electronic and/or electronic equipment.
- Applying technical knowledge and experience to create innovative designs and solutions as well as construct job aids, fixtures, and hardware.
- Annotating drawings and computer models to identify updates or changes for engineering to incorporate.
- Performing review of designs to assess maintainability, safety, and reliability.Performing Check, Inspection and functional verification and prove-in of hardware based on the design intent.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.Desired Skills:
- High school diploma
- US citizenship is required
- Four (4) years of experience in an engineering environment fabricating electrical hardware utilizing detailed computer models or sketches applying electronic principals and theory. Specific experience manufacturing circuit card assemblies, cables, harnesses, systems, and/or chassis assemblies is required.
- Four (4) years of experience working directly with design engineers to document and redline design artifacts, as well as interfacing with engineering customers.
- Applied work experience in assembly, test and verification of four or more of the following: analog, digital and RF test equipment, racks, assemblies, circuit cards, chassis level wiring, modules, amplifiers, switching elements and related sub-systems using electronic testing tools and equipment.
- Recent work experience reading and interpreting the following: engineering prototype electrical drawings, wiring lists, mechanical drawings, sketches, schematics, work instructions, and Bills of Materials (BOMs).
- Applied work experience utilizing the tools, equipment and materials used in electronic testing, fabrication, repair and maintenance of electronic systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of electronic principles and theory.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the tools, equipment and materials used in electronic testing, fabrication, repair and maintenance of electrical systems.
- Experience fabricating engineering development / prototype: circuit card assemblies, cables, harnesses, systems, and chassis assemblies.
- Experience in the assembly, test and verification of such as analog, digital and RF test equipment, racks, assemblies, circuit cards, chassis level wiring, modules, amplifiers, switching elements and related sub-systems.
- Competency in a relevant technical discipline with understanding of engineering principles and design techniques.
- Ability to use judgment and exercising experience to facilitate design and fabrication.
- Effective communication skills including: verbal, phone, email, and written communication.
- Effective interpersonal and networking skills, and ability to work well with engineers, customers, suppliers in a team environment.
- Able to work with engineering counterparts in providing guidance on best-practices, design for servicing and maintainability.
- Motivated self-starter and with the ability to use independent judgment and work independently in an engineering environment.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office tools, Adobe Reader and/or Adobe Pro
- Familiar with 3D drawings and CAD tools.
- Skilled in the use and care of tools and equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of calibrated equipment and standards.
- Ability to prioritize work, and understanding of schedules and budgets.
- J-STD-001 Solder certification.
- IPC 610 & 620 Acceptability certifications and inspection experience.
- Experience working in an environment where your work is post-build inspected.
- Associates degree or higher in related field; OR completion of a two year electronic technician Military, vocational or college program AND two years of experience in the repair, fabrication and installation of electronic equipment.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.