Are you interested in joining a community of diverse, dynamic, professional engineers? Are you a Senior Software Engineer looking for an opportunity to work in a collaborative environment characterized by respect for the individual and problem solving in a team setting? Our company is focused on achieving excellence through thought and teamwork while leveraging individual diversity. Our team makes a difference in protecting our military men and women both at home and overseas.
We have an opportunity for a Sr. Principal Software Engineer within the Naval Radar Software Department in Marlborough, Massachusetts. The Naval Radar Software Department mission is to provide world class Radar Software to be used in military systems deployed at sea and on land. Our software teams employ an Agile Scrum process to rapidly design, code, integrate and test capabilities on a continuous basis into a mature solution for our customers. We strive for technical excellence by drawing upon a diverse workforce whose knowledge base covers the complete spectrum of modern computing languages and platforms.
A work/life balance is an important value at Raytheon. Our 9/80 work schedule offers flexibility to help successfully balance the work/life commitments. Joining one of Raytheon’s employee resource groups enables our engineers to focus on networking, new hire outreach, career development and community service.
As a Sr. Principal Software Engineer on the Radar Software Product Line (RSPL) teams support the development and integration of the four radar programs including AN/SPY-6 radar, also called Air & Missile Defense Radar (AMDR), and the Enterprise Air Surveillance Radar (EASR). You’lll be responsible for designing, implementing, debugging and fixing problems with the Radar software applications, as well as supporting software integration and verification efforts. Our radar software applications are developed using C++ programming language running in a distributed fashion across a variety of computing platforms running Linux, UNIX or Windows operating systems.
The RSPL software is developed and delivered incrementally using Agile development methods, including Scrum, automated testing and continuous integration. Using your ability to see a "big picture” view of the radar system you’ll develop or review detail solutions at the source code level.
You’ll be an active participant on the Scrum team, performing development tasks independently and you’ll use your knowledge of real-time software design to recognize the performance implications associated with specific detail implementations.
This position will require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only US Citizens are eligible for a clearance
- 10+ years’ experience with Software Engineering
- Experience with C++
- Experience with Linux or UNIX experience
- Experience developing software in a team based development environment, preferably Agile/SCRUM
- US citizenship is required
Required Education:•Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Software Engineering or STEM relatedKEYWORDS: C++, Linux, UNIX, OOD, UML, real-time software development, Agile, Scrum, Signal ProcessingThis job is posted internally as:
- Existing secret clearance, or ability to obtain an interim clearance
- Broad real-time, multi-threaded software development experience
- Software development experience of a Signal Processing application
- Experience in developing and optimizing algorithms for performance
- Experience in Agile development methods, including Scrum, automated testing and continuous integration
- Software development experience in a DoD environment
- Radar domain knowledge
- Strong software integration and problem solving abilities
- Self-starter and ability to lead development, integration and test activities
- Familiarity with the following Software Tools: Rational Rhapsody, Clear Case and Team Concert, Jenkins, DOORS
- Strong Object-Oriented Design Knowledge including UML
- Direct experience implementing complex signal processing algorithms in C++ meeting latency and throughput performance requirements or experience in implementing complex control operations in software with defined performance timelines
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or Software Engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Sr. Principal Software EngineerAt Raytheon, we innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas and dedication to the work we do. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, industry partners and our teammates, making a positive impact not only to our business, but also in our communities where we live and work. Our constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture, investing in our people, and an unwavering vision that’s shared by Raytheon employees across the globe – a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.Raytheon has been recognized as a respected employer and valued corporate citizen for our employment practices, programs and community support by a number of highly-regarded organizations. The list includes: Forbes, Glassdoor, National Veterans Small Business Association, Corporate Responsibility Magazine, Environmental Protection Agency, Affinity Inc. and many more. What We Offer: Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care. Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America’s Best Employers by visiting us online at .
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.