Who we are!
Raytheon BBN Technologies (BBN) is the research company behind many revolutionary advances that we take for granted today. BBN is where email was invented and the first routers were implemented. Today, BBN's scientists and engineers are working to advance the state-of-the-art on topics ranging from machine language translation to quantum cryptography. BBN offers the opportunity to perform exciting and revolutionary research and engineering that solves important problems in a collaborative environment. BBN fosters an exceptional work environment with knowledgeable co-workers and offers performance-based bonus incentives and retirement contributions.
Located in Arlington, VA, our Information Exploitation group is seeking talented software engineers and scientists interested in designing, prototyping, developing, and deploying advanced systems and algorithms using Data Science and Analytics, Semantic Web Technologies, and Machine Reasoning and Machine Learning to solve challenging DoD and IC problems. BBN fosters an exceptional work environment with knowledgeable co-workers, excellent performance-based bonus incentives, and generous retirement contributions. Our ideal candidate will have experience in machine reasoning, semantic web technologies, data analytics, or artificial intelligence technologies and will have strong Java development experience.
Our applied software research uses the above technologies to build both prototype and real operational systems. You will solve challenging problems including:
• Researching and publishing novel software algorithms and solutions to complex, open-ended problems.
• Optimizing software for knowledge representation, storage, and query systems for high performance.
• Applying machine reasoning and learning to develop solutions for complex intelligence problems;
• Developing and analyzing complex data models and ontologies;
• Designing and implementing REST-ful web services and web applications;
• Designing algorithms to reason about causal networks in noisy, incomplete, multi-modal data;
• Creating hypothesis reasoners that interactively generate competing hypotheses for user feedback;
What will you need?
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent discipline
• Proficiency in Java and the Java-based development ecosystem
• Position may require some amount of overnight travel.
Additional Skills that would be AWESOME
• 1-2 years of relevant software engineering experience or internships involving software engineering.
• Experience with Web application development
• Research or development experience with probabilistic reasoning, data representation, or machine learning
• Research or development experience with Big Data, Semantic Graphs, or Graph Databases
• Working knowledge and/or hands-on experience with Semantic Web technologies (RDF/OWL/SPARQL)
• Experience with logic programing (Prolog, XSB, Flora-2), or other rule-based systems for knowledge representation and reasoning is a desired
• An active US Government security clearance is highly desired
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Except in rare circumstances, only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.