General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software. The successful Software Developer will design, develop, code, test, and debug software solutions and web apps, or make enhancements to existing solutions, based on requirements provided by the customer. Must have strong, firsthand technical expertise in DevOps, deployment and management of software licenses, and configuration management. Must be at ease working as a team of one with little supervision, but in a collaborative and interesting engineering environment. Ideal candidate embodies a passion for continuous improvement and innovation
1. Demonstrated experience with DevOps and configuration management.
2. Experience with VMWare and/or cloud based Github and Jenkins.
3. Experience with database technologies (Postgres, SQL Server, MySQL).
4. Familiarity with various software development methodologies (Agile, waterfall).
5. Works with an engineering team to analyze existing software applications and tools, adn recommended new technologies and methodologies to improve system performance and usability.
6. Designs, develops tests, debugs, and deploys new software tools that extend or replace existing capabilities.
7. Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating systems and application issues.
8. Advises hardware engineers on machine characteristics that affect software systems such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements and works with them to resolve incompatibilities.
9. Writes and updates technical documentation such as user manuals, system documentation, training materials, processes and procedures.
10. Collaborates cross-functionally with engineers, analysts, and project leads.
BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology.
Experience with SharePoint and site development preferred.
Experience with Linux-based systems is preferred.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.