Raytheon Intelligence & Information Services Global Cyber Solutions organization is seeking an experienced SYSTEM ENGINEER in ARCENT Theater to support the ARCENT mission in KUWAIT. This person will be providing support for the administration of Microsoft (MS) Server-based systems to include, but not limited to: communications applications, IA server and client software systems, electronic mail, printing services, software license administration, file sharing and storage services, backup services, and other related systems. This person will work in concert with network engineering and infrastructure technical support activities to correct issues with ISs at multiple locations within the CENTCOM AOR.
This person must have advanced level of knowledge of Active Directory, VMware and NetApp Filers. Additionally, skills in Exchange 2003/2010 and SCCM are required. The engineer must be experienced in designing solutions in a fast paced, stressful environment. The Systems Engineer will report to the SWA Chief Engineer. The ideal candidate will have a high level of experience with Microsoft products and VMware.
This person will provide operational support and server administration involving the performance of component server and workstation connections, configuration, integration, and testing and must require proficiency and experience with the following technology areas and systems:
* IP Port Security
* IP Networking
* Microsoft Active Directory
* Data Storage
* Network Appliance Data Storage Filers
* Near Store Appliance
* SnapMirror, SnapRestore, SnapManager for Exchange
* Virtual File Manager
* BS/BA in Engineering, Information Technology, Science or related discipline or equivalent experience
* Must have minimum of 7 years of experience in the CENTCOM AOR engineering IT solutions for NIPRNET, SIPRNET, and CENTRIX (or other Coalition network environments)
* Must be able to migrate an Exchange 2003 environment to Exchange 2010
* Strong skills in managing Active Directory to include Group Policy Objects, Domain Controllers, DNS, and Microsoft Lync
* Skilled in supporting and designing an enterprise virtualization environment
* Solid background in all storage protocols, particularly iSCSI
* CCNA-Security, Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), CompTIA Network+ or equivalent DoD 8570.01 M IAT Level I (or higher) certification
* Must also have a current corresponding Computing Environment (CE) certification: CompTIA A+, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, Linux+ or equivalent
MEDICAL & TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
* Must meet overseas medical deployment qualifications.
* Must possess the willingness to travel with the military to locations throughout Southwest Asia, as required, to support the military customer at their location(s) via military air/land convoy.
* Must be physically able to repeatedly stoop, lift and carry 50 lbs, unassisted, on a regular basis
* Ability to work in a bivouac environment.
* Willing to travel to overseas locations for a 1 year unaccompanied deployment.
* VMware Certified Professional (VCP6) certification
* NetApp Certified Data Administrator (NCDA) certification
* CASP CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP, GCED, GCIH certifications
* Experience working with Special Forces in austere environments
* Experience working in a fast paced enterprise environment
* Able to communicate effectively to senior government leadership and peer engineers.
* Project Management Experience
* Ability to take ownership of, and focus on critical initiatives.
* Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
* Excellent customer service skills and demeanor even in difficult situations
* Demonstrated self-starter and ability to independently resolve problems
* Good understanding of U.S. Military organizations
* Ability to maintain high quality work to manage multiple critical projects.
* Ability to perform and participate in a team oriented environment.
* Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of users.
* Excellent customer service skills and demeanor even in difficult situations.
US Citizenship and an Active DoD Top Secret clearance
This position is contingent on contract award and also requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.