Raytheon is supporting a U.S. Government customer on a large mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment with new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats. Raytheon Cybersecurity and Special Mission (CSM) is seeking Senior System Engineers to collaborate with the Customer’s SE&I team to assess architectures and requirements, to develop derived requirements and systems engineering artifacts, and to guide Agile scrum teams in the development of advanced cybersecurity capabilities.
- Providing Systems Engineering expertise in support of a large cybersecurity system
- Assisting the Chief Engineer and the Development teams in the development, integration, and testing of advanced leading-edge cybersecurity capabilities
- Collaborating within Agile Scrum teams as a key contributor responsible for the system design and implementation of advanced cybersecurity capabilities
- Interfacing directly with the Customer, stakeholders, and end-users regarding capability architectures, requirements, use cases, and stories to derive, develop and decompose next-cycle updates and specifications
- Supporting risk assessments and developing risk mitigation countermeasures
- Conducting trade studies to determine improvements to system capabilities and system delivery processes (hardware, software, architecture, automated deployments, training).
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
- 6+ years of directly relevant systems engineering experience such as allocation of hardware and software requirements, development of use cases and stories, interface definition, and systems integration & test
- Experience with and technical understanding of cybersecurity attack-mitigation techniques and cybersecurity architectures
- Experience with Systems Engineering Lifecycle (SELC) processes and practices, Change Management practices, requirements management, traceability, and associated tools
- Possesses or quickly develops a comprehensive understanding of Government Information Security policies, regulations, and guidelines
- Must be able to work collaboratively across agencies and physical locations.
- Knowledge and experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) or similar lean Agile framework
- Agile Systems Engineering and/or development experience
- DevSecOps or DevOps experience
- Experience and/or familiarity with architectural views including operational, technical standards, and system/services views and business, data, applications, and technology architectures using applicable standards (e.g., DODAF, FEAF)
- Experience and/or familiarity with software and system lifecycle methodologies, (e.g ISO, CMMI, ITIL, Agile, SAFe)
- Experience with requirements management tools (DOORS preferred)
- Experience and/or familiarity of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and security and privacy controls (NIST 800-37 and NIST 800-53)
- DHS experience.
BS Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, OR a related field. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
- DoD 8570.1 IAT Level II
- Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP)
- SAFe certification (SA, SP, SSM/SASM, RTE, POPM, SPD, ASE, or SPC)
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.