Raytheon Intelligence & Information Services Global Cyber Solutions organization is seeking a NETWORK ENGINEER to manage the design, maintenance, and security posture for the enterprise network, ensuring secure and reliable communications for all users. This includes troubleshooting inter- and intra-theater links. The successful candidate will provide engineering support for the design, delivery and completion of technical tasks supporting the ARCENT mission area network services. This job will be an expat opportunity and will be based in KUWAIT.
In addition, the Network Engineer shall provide 24/7 network engineering support for the design, configuration, implementation, operational management, and troubleshooting of the enterprise network, including network monitoring. This includes conducting IP management for the theater. This individual will also analyze and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, as well as provide end user training and documentation where required and perform day-to-day operations, monitoring, problem identification, diagnosis, and resolution of network problems in support of DODIN services and networks. The Network Engineer shall support and facilitate demonstrations of Coalition or Joint network capabilities. This may include providing support to military exercises and documenting results in the form of a technical report. The Network Engineer will work independently with general long-term guidance and goals as directed.
JOB DUTIES& RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Collaborate with and brief department leaders to assess near- and long-term network capacity needs and recommend solutions as needed.
* Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes, and service records.
* Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network administration, usage, and disaster recovery.
* Develop network diagrams and generate a monthly report of inventory of all Wide Area Network (WAN) network devices, network health, and analysis of network traffic.
Acquisition & Deployment
* Design and deploy LANs, WANs, and wireless networks, including routers, switches, UPSs, and other related network hardware.
* Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
* Implement new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
* Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and other Government contractors to secure network products and services. Experience with hands-on configuration, 100% STIG compliance is a must.
* Minimum of 7 years of experience in the CENTCOM AOR engineering IT solutions for NIPRNET, SIPRNET, and CENTRIX (or other Coalition network environments)
* Bachelors Degree or additional equivalent experience.
* Routing protocols (BGP, BGP VPNv4, EIGRP OSPF, ISIS, RIP, MPLS and VRF)
* Multicast protocols (PIM, MSDP and MBGP)
* Switching protocols (spanning tree, CST, MISTP, PVST, RPVST+, VTP, DTP, GVRP, MAB, VLAN and private VLAN)
* DMVPN technologies (NHRP phase 3, per tunnel QOS, IKE, IPSEC, EZVPN and site-to-site VPN)
* IP services (WCCP, AAA, QOS, IP SLA, EEM, Syslog, HSRP, VRRP, GLBP and NTP)
* Network management tools and protocols (TDMA, NetFlow, SNMP, Cisco Works, GEM-X, SNMPc, ACS, ASDM and CSM).
* Hardware experience with ASR, Nexus, ASAs, TACLANEs, and Netscreens
MEDICAL & TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
* Must meet overseas medical & dental deployment qualifications.
* Must possess the willingness to travel with the military to locations throughout Southwest Asia, as required, to support the military customer at their location(s) via military air/land convoy.
* Must be physically able to repeatedly stoop, lift and carry 50 lbs, unassisted, on a regular basis
* Ability to work in a bivouac environment.
* Willing to travel to overseas locations for a 1 year unaccompanied deployment.
* CCNA-Security, Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), CompTIA Network+ or equivalent DoD 8570.01 M IAT Level I (or higher) certification
* Must also have a current corresponding Computing Environment (CE) certification: CCIE, Security+ CE, CEH, CASP CE, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, Linux+ or equivalent for
US Citizenship and an Active DoD Top Secret clearance
This position is contingent on contract award and also requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.