Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
ManTech is seeking a highly motivated Cloud Operations Support Specialist to join our team in the Stafford, VA area to provide technical expertise within cloud and virtualization based development, test, evaluation, and productions environments.
This position requires an ACTIVE DoD SECRET Clearance and a current DoD 8570.01 IAT Level II certification (Security+ CE or equivalent)
ManTech International Corporation provides innovative engineering and systems integration services that help our customers solve their toughest, most intractable problems. National defense and homeland security clients depend on our rapid, cost-effective development of adaptable, interoperable, integrated solutions that provide high performance in quick-response scenarios.
- Oversee and support the operations and maintenance of cloud resources and services and DevSecOps CI/CD pipelines that support provisioning of dynamic cloud-based capabilities such as multi-tiered HA/Clustered applications, services, and databases using various cloud services (native, 3rd party, or hybrid)
- Implement, maintain, and monitor solutions in accordance with FEDRAMP, NIST, and other applicable organizational standards
- Utilize automation toolsets (scripts, applications, platforms, APIs) to ensure appropriate methods are taken during the instantiation and sustainment of cloud capabilities
- Aid in the implementation and integration of new and updated technologies and capabilities as they transition from development to production while adhering to change control and configuration management policies and processes
- Conduct virtualized server, workstation, and cloud infrastructure administration, monitoring, troubleshooting, remediation, backup, and recovery (e.g. Microsoft Windows 2016+, RHEL 7+)
- Support the integration, and management of cloud-based application development, test, and evaluation environment toolsets and established DevSecOps pipelines
- Produce and maintain clear and concise documentation, services, and artifacts (e.g. policies, procedures, architectures, strategies, and policies such as logical diagrams, continuous monitoring policies, service and component inventories/ catalogs, desktop procedures, change management policies, etc.) that fully capture capabilities and associated processes to guide operations and activities related to maintaining and monitoring enterprise scale cloud environments
- Maintain a deep understanding and awareness of technology advancements and limitations related to cloud, software, and other relative implementations and capabilities within your area of responsibility
- Monitor and respond to team and customer technical requests as their activities require attention within day-to-day operations
- Associate Degree (+7 years' experience) or High School Diploma (+12 years' experience)
- Active DoD Secret Clearance with eligibility for Top Secret
- Current DoD 8570.01 IAT II Compliant Certification (Security+ or equivalent)
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Knowledge of, and hands on with, cloud [e.g. Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, etc.] platforms, services, architectures/ designs, and best practices
- Hands-on experience with public, private, and hybrid cloud capabilities
- Experience in supporting network operations center and/or security operations center (NOC/ SOC) environments both from a technical and operational perspective
- Familiarity with enterprise IT services and architectures and associated monitoring and maintaining activities
- Possess cloud related certifications such as AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, Certified Solutions Architect, Certified SysOps Administrator; Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) in Cloud Platform or Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
- Experience with manual and automated security administration, remediation, and hardening (STIG reviews, group policy and permissions, system modifications based on vulnerability scans, audits, and mitigations; patch management)
- Experience implementing and supporting enterprise system monitoring tools
- Experience in at least four (4) of the following: Set-up, configuration and support of internal and external IT infrastructure; identifying and analyzing systems requirements; developing and maintaining system applications and security; developing and maintaining network configurations; troubleshooting network and system performances issues; providing user support and guidance; recommending and implementing upgrades, patches, new applications and new equipment; developing and maintaining disaster recovery methods; and/ or ensuring proper documentation, coordination and maintenance of multiple systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and an ability to translate complicated technical issues for a non-technical audience
- Knowledge of standard DoD and Marine Corps concepts, practices and procedures
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.