Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Level of experience/Education:
• United States citizen and an active secret clearance
• Solid background in safety, safety instructions, safety requirements, and safety milestone meetings
• Safety experience and knowledge of safety instructions
• Knowledge and experience in Aegis Weapon and Combat Systems operations
• Well versed in Aegis Systems T&E
• Knowledge of CIC operations
• 5-10 years of related Aegis fleet operations and/or Aegis T&E, or dedicated safety support
• Motivated self-starter
Systems Safety Engineer supporting the Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD) on the Navy’s Aegis and FMS programs. Specifically the position involves performance of the following tasks:
• Support shipboard and at-sea test events
• Safety engineer with solid background in US and FMS Aegis baselines
• Primary are focus will be safety assessment of systems and requirements.
• Must understand CIC operations and be able to articulate system capabilities and limitations based on fleet operations. Must be able to make an assessment of system safety and performance
• Support analysis of data, CPCRs and TORs.
• Provide written and verbal technical evaluations of capabilities and limitations
• Support element and system level testing at land based site and ships
• Must be able to work independently with minimal oversite.
• Must be able to work in dynamic, fast paced team environment
• Must be willing to travel on short notice and respond to customer’s emergent requirements and requests
• Attend various review and status meetings
• Support software testing events(land based and shipboard)
• Travel is required in the continental United States and ports located outside of CONUS
• Must be fluent in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point, & Adobe Acrobat
• Standard business work hours – with the exception of travel related tasking
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.