Preferred location is El Segundo, CA, however, the selected candidate can also sit in Goleta, CA.
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems is seeking an experienced Sr. Mission Assurance Manager (MAM) responsible for leading Mission Assurance disciplines throughout multiple programs’ lifecycles in business pursuit and capture, program planning and execution, and the implementation of the company’s system assurance management system consistent with customer contractual requirements. The Sr. Mission Assurance Manager will serve as a key member of the EWS Mission Assurance Leadership Team (LT). This individual will lead and manage System Assurance Engineers to ensure effectiveness of processes and consistent execution across the Mission Area.
Additionally, responsible for the planned and systematic set of activities for performing independent reviews and assessments of program performance, including independent technical assessments of systems engineering, system assurance, lessons learned, technology, production, and programmatic (cost, schedule, quality and risks) practices, assuring Supplier Quality Management system processes are defined and implemented. This position reports directly to the EWS Director of Mission Assurance. This position will require extensive participation on cross-functional teams relying on a comprehensive working knowledge of Mission Assurance, Root Cause Analysis, Manufacturing, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Contracts, and EVMS.
Key MAM (Mission Assurance Manager) responsibilities include:
- Provide MA disciplines with program direction to assure system assurance and mission assurance tasking is accomplished within budget, on time and as defined in program planning. Define, collect, analyze, and maintain MA metrics for program and functional use.
- Establish customer relations and ensure customer corrective action requests are validated and processed.
- Team with Program and all functions in programmatic and technical problem resolution.
- Manage, lead, and provide team development to direct reports. Additionally, provide performance feedback and career/professional development to both direct and indirect reporting employees.
- Minimum of 12 years' experience in a Mission Assurance/Quality, Engineering Development, or Production Environment
- Experience leading functional organizations, section or department management experience
- Experience leading teams, Integrated Product Team Lead or Cross Product Team lead
- Experience with Earned Value Management
- Experience in bid & proposal process and risks and opportunities
- Excellent communication/presentations skills
- Proven experience and ability to drive effective root cause analysis and corrective/preventive action
- Experience working with DCMA and DOD customers
- Must have the ability to travel 10%
- Certified Quality Professional (ASQ, American Society of Quality)
- Extensive root cause analysis experience
- Proven knowledge of core quality tasks (planning, control, improvement)
- Six Sigma, CMMITM, Lean and other contemporary methodologies for process improvement
- EVMS Certification
- Experience with ISO-9001/AS 9100 Quality requirements, commercial, aerospace, and defense regulations and standards
- Quality sciences; quality systems, concepts, management and planning tools, application of analytical skills in root cause analysis, corrective and preventive action
- Competitive proposal development experience
- Knowledge of aerospace/defense products and systems technologies
- Raytheon Six Sigma Expert
- Ability to execute, and hold others accountable in a results-based environment
- Experience and demonstrated successes in continuously improving organizational capabilities
- Internal candidate must be a qualified Raytheon Six Sigma Specialist
- Bachelor’s Degree in STEM (Engineering or equivalent science related Degree)
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferred
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
This position requires a U.S. person or the ability to obtain an Export Authorization from the appropriate Government Agency for non-U.S. persons.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.