Our Software Engineers are developing and maintaining the critical capabilities which enable our warfighters to be successful. Working in the Space and Airborne Systems business unit of Raytheon, you can contribute to cutting edge technologies across surface, air, cyber and space domains, supporting precision engagement, missile defense, homeland security, integrated communications, and intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance. Candidates have the opportunity to work alongside and be mentored by the best and the brightest engineers and scientists who are providing solutions to our customers worldwide. In addition to maintaining a strong portfolio of core capabilities, we continue to expand globally and innovate in our growth markets. Opportunities exist to participate on innovative teams which are providing the most advanced research and development capabilities to solve the most complex problems.
The Space Systems Software Solution Department in El Segundo, CA is looking to hire a Senior Software Engineer II to join our team.
The Software Engineering Center is seeking an enthusiastic and highly capable software engineer with a recent track record of successfully developing real time embedded software. The ideal candidate will employ Raytheon software development processes. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts. Contribute to the development of new principles and concepts.
- Work on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious
- Work effectively and contribute significantly during all phases of the software development life-cycle
- Develop real-time embedded software in C and/or Ada
- Show strong investigation and trouble-shooting skills to assess issues and develop resolutions to them
- Work proactively to complete tasks with minimal oversight direction
- Communicate effectively with team members across disciplines, project management, and customers
- Actively contribute to program and customer meetings and reviews
Check out our Raytheon overview on YouTube: Required Skills:
- Function as a Task Lead or mentor to other team members in field of expertise or knowledge
Must have a current final DOD Secret Clearance.* As a defense contractor, there are specific programs requiring a certain level of security clearance and special access for assigned staff. The selected candidate will be required to secure these accesses. Not being able to secure the Secret Security Clearance needed for this position may result in an offer of employment being rescinded.Desired Skills:
- Minimum of 6+ years’ experience developing embedded software utilizing C, C++, Ada or related tools/languages
- Experience with developing and integrating real time embedded software
- Hardware / software integration experience
- Experience with Green Hills Integrity, VxWorks or equivalent development tools
- Experience in every phase of the software development life-cycle
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Processes
Required Education (including Major):
- Experience with Radar Software Architecture, Signal processing or Data processing
- Experience with developing and integrating software for advanced Air-to-Surface or Air-to-Air radar modes
- Experience with Continuous Integration methodologies
- Technical and/or team leadership experience
- Knowledge and experience with earned value management techniques
Minimum Bachelor’s degree in technical major (Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Math, Physics, etc.) from an accredited UniversityThis position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.