Hill Air Force Base
United States of America - Utah, Hill Air Force Base
Purpose and Scope:
Inspect equipment and perform preventive maintenance services of vehicles and maintain inventory of parts and supplies
1) Supply all types of vehicles with gasoline or diesel fuel, and records mileage and tag numbers, checks fluid levels, battery, cooling system and engine oil, checks tires for wear and pressure, replaces wiper blades, fuses, sealed beam lights, and light bulbs.
2) Service and adjust conveyor lines, scooters, MHE, and similar material handling systems to include replacement of minor parts and belts.
3) Install, clean, test and service lift-truck battery chargers (24, 26, 48 volts) as required.
4) Drain and service fluids such as oil and coolant on equipment and report problem discrepancies to supervisor before making any repairs or adjustments beyond normal preventative maintenance requirements.
5) Effectively maintain records and report and accurately completes work orders.
6) Maintain a safe work environment by verifying the operations of vehicle and equipment safety devices and by following safety standards and procedures.
7) Adhere to all company and OSHA mandated safety policies and procedures to include proper use of personal protective equipment.
8) Follow established EPA laws and local regulations involving chemical use disposal as well as identification reporting guidelines.
9) Use computer to perform duties related to the job such as researching parts, completing timesheets, completing training modules, and communicating through e-mail and other basic computer tasks as required.
10) Practice good housekeeping and safeguard resources.
11) Must be a United States citizen.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or fee; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and extreme heat. The employee is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud, or may include unsafe conditions, questioning nonstandard operations or environmental factors that may involve unmitigated hazards, and providing feedback to supervisors and managers on all safety issues.
Safety - AECOM enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the AECOM Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable AECOM Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. Five (5) years general experience of which two years must be related experience are required. Must possess and maintain a valid drivers license and be able to operate a government general-purpose vehicle. Preferred candidate will have experience with conveyor lines, scooters, MHE, and similar material handling systems. This position may require the ability to pass and maintain a security clearance.
Must be a United States citizen.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Logistics and Supply Chain
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 223285BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.