United States of America - New Mexico, Carlsbad
AECOM is searching for a Scientist 1 at the Carlsbad, NM location.
Purpose and Scope:
Perform analytic or scientific services in physics, mathematics, science (especially chemistry), or engineering. Generally functions in one or more of the following activities: conception, development, research, planning, verifying data, coordination, service and technical assessment of major individual programs or several separate projects.
1) Conduct analytic studies and/or scientific studies in chemistry.
2) Generate specifications for computer program development.
3) Perform instrument calibrations and reporting
4) Perform instrument operations
5) Perform verification and validation on sample results and instrument documentation
6) Perform chemical inventory
7) Order supplies
8) Generate scientific computer programs.
9) Establish and maintain a filing system, databases and logs as needed for tracking program status and inventory.
10) Coordinate and work closely with other scientific, engineering, logistics, financial, and program management disciplines in conducting analytic and/or scientific studies.
11) Identify, collect, and analyze technical information relevant to the quality and significance of a specific research and other scientific development issues.
12) Conduct experimental investigations and comply with scientific documentation standards, system specifications and experimental procedures.
13) Prepare and present briefings about research findings.
14) Direct customer interface for coordination, modification, technical assistance and implementation of programs.
15) Provide technical inputs, ideas and concepts for proposals and business development.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
This position involves both laboratory environment and hazards as well as office environment. Chemical hygiene and safety is a priority in the laboratory. Proper PPE must be worn in the laboratory at all times. The office environment has no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting with occasional use of computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines. Instrument operations include use of mechanical equipment that has moving components. Such positions may involve routine lifting up to 50 pounds, regular handling, grasping, kneeling and carrying, and constant use of vision and mental alertness is required.
Safety - AECOM enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the AECOM Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable AECOM Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics or related science field and 1 year of job-related experience or associate’s degree and 4 years of job-related experience.
Excellent communications and analytical skills, working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs.
Position may require travel.
Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a security clearance.
Due to the nature of the work, candidates must be US Citizen.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Sciences
Business Line Management Services
Business Group Management Services Group (MS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 221415BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.