Logistics Specialist I (G06)
The Logistics Specialist I will perform a variety of technical and business tasks in support of the Shipping/Traffic functions for both operations and engineering materials.
In this role, you will be required to manage multiple types of shipments and direct personnel on associated tasks. As a recognized leader in shipping/traffic, you are accountable for coordination and shipment of materials which include domestic and international shipments; safety; security; and mission assurance. The daily responsibilities listed below are necessary in order to meet program costs and schedule requirements.
The ideal candidate will possess the demonstrated skills and experience necessary to perform in the logistics role.
- Schedule and coordinate shipping activities associated with shipping logistics companies.
- Meet on time deliverables including program costs and scheduling requirements.
- Communicate and collaborate directly with internal and external customers.
- Provide communication as directed or required by management to ensure employees are aware of customer requirements.
- Completion and maintain all related shipping paperwork.
- Capture and record team performance through metrics.
- Evaluation saving opportunities.
- Consistently maintaining a safe work environment.
- A minimum of 2 years in logistics or distribution.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast pace environment.
- Strong analytical skills and an aptitude for data analysis.
- Demonstrate experience in government transportation and international (EXIM/ITAR) requirements.
- Knowledge of SAP (PRISM).
- Experience in DOT & IATA shipping regulations
- Knowledge of government shipping Databases E-Tools, VSM, ETA, and WAWF
- Capability to read and interpret SDS shipping requirements.
Bachelor’s Degree, Majors may include but are not limited to the following: Business Administration, Business Management, Supply Chain management, Operations management, or Logistics.
US Citizenship is required
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.